Mid-year Presentation Of Learning (Mpol)

Oh marvellous day, my fine, esteemed fellows, undyingly loyal readers, and new compatriots in one’s own marvellous life. I am, have been, and will most likely be Nathan Jack Fawkes Talbot, though I happen to be far more renowned within the internet by my longtime alias, YoBoyNyate. It is a grand honour to make, or reimagine, your acquaintance, for after this tale to end all tales, you shall never think of yours truly in the same sense as prior to this odyssey of the mind.

Image source: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7wubZBtXMpc4DaTcfg0mQQ

Now, try your hardest to forgive my arrogance, but I have thus far refrained from mentioning the reasoning for my summoning of such a lovely audience member. As was stated in the eye-catching title of this top-quality post, if you’ll excuse my feigned superiority complex, is my fabulous Mpol, which, if you’ve been paying close, undeterred attention to this unrivalled platform of mine, you would be fully aware and enlightened to the fact the Mpol, an acronym by nature, can be simply defined by it’s decompressed form: Mid-year Presentation Of Learning. In the creation process of an Mpol, one must engineer a presentation in the middle of the year to demonstrate one’s journey of learning within the current educational year thus far. 

Now, I suppose we should discuss the subject of my phenomenal learning plan, which is essentially, simply, and truly exactly what it sounds like; a set of goals created for this educational portion of the current planetary rotation. Of course, I am certain you would want nothing more in the entire world than to know some of my goals. Well, since I am in such a generous mood, I shall explain the highlights. First of all, I have been attempting to learn and grow in the way of integration. In simpler terms, I have been focused as if my brain could pulse laser beams on better inserting myself into both work groups, and social groups. I will knit my friend groups closer together, all the while making myself a more agreeable person overall, no matter who you ask. With this, it will be far easier to get along with everyone, and thus easier to work with them, though it will certainly require a monumental amount of effort to accomplish. I wholeheartedly believe, however, that I am quite adept in the art of seeking out and retaining both valuable, and useless information to an astonishing degree.

Have you been begrudgingly waiting for the magical moment in this story when I would show you the wonders of one of our many PLP projects? Why, of course you have! You wouldn’t have even considered sticking around this long otherwise. That is, unless you were that one person who is professionally obliged to listen to the ramblings of hormonal teenagers who burn with the same passion as you in this regard, the passion to go home. So, without further ado, let us talk about “Think you can do better?”. As was covered in a previous post, this pristine adventure was centered around a surprisingly common opinion: “The government sucks, even I could do better!”. We of the United Party of Canada worked together to create a video all about our political beliefs, and I must say, I absolutely loved my performance in our video. I’d greatly appreciate doing something like this again, just, mind the voiceover.

If you were in belief that that concluded this message from the divine (really getting a bit egotistical), you were so very wrong, yet so very fortunate, for now you will hear all about the Ology of Apology. I’m sorry, do I hear what I think I hear? Do I hear you say that Apology is not an “Ology”, and that “Ology” is simply an impersonator of a true descriptor in every regard? Well, both of those are entirely correct, however it’s a fine name, and in the inconceivably massive chance you were wondering what “Ology” could mean, it can be defined as the study of something, for example, Biology is the study of life. Regardless, here and now is the time to talk all about my favourite part of this quest, which was the repeated field trips to the numerous  intriguing cultural sites of the oppressed minorities of The British Columbia province of Canada, and learn hands-on of their suppressed perspective of the horrific events that had unfolded just on our doorstep. Together with my brethren-in-arms for the remainder of the project, we created a final product that truly reflected the story we wished to tell of the Komagata Maru incident. 

Last, but not least, we are going to discuss a thrilling project that, while rushed, introduced a new teacher into the fray, and genuinely allowed the limits of our creativity to shine as bright as the greatest star: Romeo and Juliet. Now, the actual name of the project was far longer than that, but you get the general idea. This was a project right up my alley, due to the fact that I am quite the theatrical person, and obsessively adore any potential chance I can get to make a show. There were countless opportunities to read out the heart and soul of this tragic tale of love and hate, war and peace, victory and defeat, as well as exhilarating class time filled with watching movie adaptations of the original play. Above all, I loved our resounding success of a partial remake of Romeo and Juliet, made by me and my godsend group: Jordan Lo, Jakub Hoffman, and Dries Zuijdervelt. 

Oh boy! That was quite a long ride. I must say that it was quite the labour to write this two-page-with-images epic, and yet despite the lively and incredible time we have spent together, by some twist of fate, it is now time that I take my leave, good night, my beauties, and don’t forget…

*Brofist*