Getting this over with: the post 2, the repostening

Ahhh, the second in this terrible two of summertime, ungradeable blog posts. Feels “good”. This is just going to be so fun, swell, and engaging.

So, what are we talking about? Why, another project about the significance of the North Shore. Do I sound like this concept is invoking some ire? Well, allow me to explain something my teachers hate, will hate, and have hated to hear: “The only reason anyone would care if all of North Van was destroyed would be that Ryan Reynolds would be gone” – Liam Erb. Like I said, the teachers would disagree, but I will say what I will. You can’t infringe on my right of free speech. This is a free country! This is an outrage! This is unfair! This is injustice! Down with the tyrants! Give me liberty, or give me death! ummmm… sorry… got a little bit… carried away there let’s say. Regardless, this is a project all about significance on the North Shore.

Image source: http://thetyee.ca/Culture/2018/01/08/America-Fractures-Beginning/

So, my project. As I may have mentioned before in this blog but am too lazy to go back and check, I have a great passion for history and politics. If you think that’s boring, then you are an unkempt, mundane, feeble-minded, boorish simpleton and I shall not entertain you any longer you provincial peasant. Wow… I’m a bit on edge right now… I went from Canadian, to American, to British. Ideally I don’t become Russian next. That reminds me, did you know that I have actually written posts on here entirely in Russian? This was BEFORE the invasion, mind you, so it wasn’t in poor taste at that point. Well, that’s not true, but it was LESS true then. Anyways, I created my project on the Korean war’s impact on North Vancouver, although I was allowed to extent it to greater Vancouver, as it was a bit hard to focus on Korea and North Van when it’s literally the most white area of the city. See, that’s a little thing called systemic racism, considering that non-white people are often set up for failure resulting in us crackers being far wealthier than everybody else. I think I did an ok job on the Korean War regardless though, as knowledge of history helped, and I was pleasantly surprised to find that Vancouver has been one of the most important places regarding Korean War discussions.

Image source: https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/gapyeong-stone-korean-war-memorial-langley

WELL… two posts in one day, a mandatory watching of night of the museum, a haircut, and then a 2:30 am departure for New York. If I wasn’t super privileged to have access to these things, I’d probably complain about this all taking too much time. That’s the end of this one, yet it ends like all of them do.

*brofist*

2 Comments
  1. Hey,

I’m Liam’s uncle. His aunt Melissa really misses him, would it be weird if I asked you to share this message with him? It probably is weird, I’m a weird person. Very weird. Liam will confirm.

Jeremy