Getting this over with: the post

Well… haven’t done this for a while…

If you’re wondering what I mean by that, well, read my earlier blog posts. The short version is that it’s been a while since I’ve had to make a post about not having REALLY completed a project. What was that, you may ask? It was our “believe in good” project that focused on learning and growing as people via learning about the mantras, yes, that’s the tern I will use, of the book: “The Seven Habits Of Highly Effective people”. You’ve probably heard of this book, which we will now discuss.

Image source: https://www.simonandschuster.co.in/books/The-7-Habits-Of-Highly-Effective-People-Revised-and-Updated/Stephen-R-Covey/9781471195709

So, the Seven Habits were written and created by Steven Covey, a man who specializes in human relations. He went to the trouble to read success literature, in other words, self-help books, from the past 200 years. Specifically an American perspective, sadly, but nothing can really be done about it. Anyways he found, and keep in mind this was years before the turn of the millennium, that over the past 50 years, the so-called “Character Ethic” of BEING a good person had been overturned by the “personality ethic”, which shined light on the concept of LOOKING like a good person, and just focusing on other’s opinions of you. He concluded that people had forgotten how to be effective citizens, and so he compiled his own experiences and knowledge into a book.

Image source: https://knucklingdown.com/the-7-habits-of-highly-effective-people-is-life-changing/

Above you see the seven habits themselves. The habits that drove me to be unable to finish the project. Well, maybe that’s not entirely true. I admittedly was turned away by the absolutely colossal workload that inevitably rears it’s ugly head as a result of being in PLP. Couple that with procrastination, extreme anxiety, and a lack of motivation, and things don’t always go very well. However, I DID make some interesting documents, in which I described the story of a hated man named Jimmy, who overcame his contemptible ways with the help of a habit doctrine I affectionately, in each one, said was fit for bishops and abbots. Not that I, don’t take this the wrong way this is just my opinion, have a very positive opinion of bishops or abbots, but it is what it is. I thought it was an interesting analogy.

Well, that marks the end of this contradictory post. In case you were wondering, it’s contradictory in the way that I actually IMPROVED as a learner this year. I’d like to say I’ve fully learned my lesson, but considering I’m writing this on summer break, less than 12 hours before I leave on vacation, with one more to do today, perhaps you can’t teach an old dog new tricks. Fortunately, I don’t think I’m very old yet, as I’m still willing to say:

*Brofist*