This blog is about me

It’s Christmas Time

Hi, and welcome to my blog. This blog is about this week’s student blogging challenge. This week’s topic is on celebrations and festivals. I’m going to show you a haiku I made and I will explain a holiday my family celebrates.

The haiku I made is about Christmas. This also relates to the holiday I’m going to explain later on in this post so stay tuned to hear about that. If you don’t know what a haiku is its a Japanese poem. It consists of 3 lines, in

Larisa-K / Pixabay

each liner it has to include a certain amount of syllables. The order for syllables per line is 5,7,5. 

Houses strung with lights

Kids playing in the white snow

best time of the  year

The next part of my blog is where I’m going to explain a holiday my favorite family celebrates. I chose to do Christmas because it’s getting close to that time of year. Also because its my favorite time of the year, with all the lights and holiday spirit. Christmas day is December 25th and Christmas eve is on December 24th. In my family, we have a special dinner on Christmas eve. So on Christmas eve we have friends over and have dinner. When we have friends over they give me and my sister presents and we open them up while they are at out house. Our special dinner consists of turkey with stuffing, gravy and mash potatoes, boiled carrots, Brussels sprouts and bread. For dessert, it changes every year but it is usually some sort of pie. A ritual my family has is that we always get a real Christmas tree not a plastic one, we also  always go to the same place to get it.

PublicDomainPictures / Pixabay

Hope you enjoyed my blog post for week 7 of the student blogging challenge. I covered two take in this post the 1st one and the 4th one. Make sure to leave a comment on my blog posts with your thoughts on it.

« »