“Insert inspirational quote here”

Oregon 2017!

Oregon ‘17

Man, where do I even start? Let me just start off by saying that it was soooooo awesome! As Jackson would put it, it was lit.

We started off by getting debriefed on what we were going to do in Oregon a month in advance. We got an itinerary probably two weeks in advance from the trip. It told us everything we were going to do. I’m pretty sure every PLP member looked through that book at least twice before we left. That got us all pretty excited for the trip.

Link to the itinerary here

Anyways, our trip started bright and early at 6:30 in the morning on a Saturday. As we departed from Seycove, the adventure really began. I’m not sure if other people would agree with me, but the bus ride was one of the best parts of the trip. Sitting next to your friends trying to blast your iPod loud enough to block out Mr Hughes terrible taste of music (no offence) for eight hours? Awesome!

We had some memorable stops along the drive there and back, including Cabela’s, Costco, Walmart and Fred Meyer. Those stops were so much fun because we got a break from whatever we were doing and just got to chill for a bit. One adventure was when I accidentally plugged $5 into a 25 cent per play claw machine thinking I’d get change for it. I was kicking myself even more when we had twenty tries and we only won a single stuffy. At least it’s going to be a souvenir I’ll remember.

Along the way we had to keep a log of what we did on an app called Book Creator. We had to basically tell what we did for each day and also add some pictures! If you are interested, here’s a link to mine!

I think the Oregon coast was one of the most scenic places I’ve ever seen. I got some awesome pictures of the coast!

These photos were taken all along the coast, from Astoria, to Cannon Beach, to Newport.

Overall, we were so lucky with the weather. We were told the horror stories of last years grade 8 trip which apparently rained every single day and was freezing cold. We actually didn’t get a single full day of rain on the trip, which is a huge success.

I think along the trip we bonded as a group, but even more so among friends. Kids that I wasn’t very good friends with before the trip became good friends that I could talk to and have fun with. Along the way, we came up with lots of inside jokes that will definitely make kids at school look at us kinda funny. (We eat tonight, Jason.)

We also had to create an ad for a business in Oregon as part of a project. My group, which was Fraser, Gabby, Kiera and I interviewed Marine Discovery Tours, which was very interesting.

To read more, click the link

Link to other blog post here

Last, but definitely not least, is the food. Oooooohhh yeeaaahhh (sorry, another inside joke.) We ate some great food on trip, but here’s a list for the top three places we ate at.

1. Definitely Golden Corral. This buffet was an awesome last meal

2. I’m probably going with Chalet here. The turkey dip was on point

3. Going to have to go with Kam Meng Chinese. I honestly thought I didn’t like Chinese food before this stop

Yes, food is important enough to make a top three list. Stop judging me.

I believe the Oregon trip was a great experience and I made some awesome memories.

Until next time,

Niklas.

»