Case For a Nation blog post

This is how I solved the driving question for the Case for a Nation Humanities project. The driving question for this project is: how can an understanding of nationalism of the past, help us make sense of today?

I will write the answer to this at the bottom of my post. For this project we had to make a instagram post about a topic we were given. I chose the Crimean war as my topic.

This is my review and process of creating the instagram post with my group.

I think that if I were to do it again then I would make a more detailed image to go with my quote.

I think that the finished product looks pretty cool, and I am proud of the final result.

The Curricular Competencies for this project are:

1) Communicate Compellingly: I can respectfully exchange ideas and diverse viewpoints to build shared understanding and extend thinking.

I think I did ok for this competency because when we were working on our shared caption and images I clearly explained my ideas to my team and we coordinated to make a caption that conveyed all the necessary information well.

2) Take Historical Perspective: I can infer and explain different perspectives on past and present people, issues, or events by considering prevailing norms, values, and beliefs.

I think I did ok for this competency because I am capable of putting myself into the shoes of someone like Nicholas I of Russia, and that helps we get a better understanding of the different perspectives of people who participated in the war.

The steps that I took to make this were:

Keystone 1:  For this keystone we did a nationalism jigsaw, and I will leave the link to it here.

Keystone 2:  For this keystone we made these four images.

Image 1: Luca

Image 2: Carter

Image 3: me

Image 4: Ewan

Keystone 3:  For this keystone we made a instagram post

Link here (not yet posted)

I made this instagram post with Carter (blog here) Ewan (blog here) and Luca (blog here)

Part 4:   For this milestone we made the blog post which I am doing right now.

We also made a Current Events presentation which I will leave here.

As the answer to the driving question, (long detailed answer to the driving question

I learned a lot about nationalism and how it is relevant to today, like how Russia seems to be reacting out of greed and not strategy, like how they acted at the start of the Crimean war.

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, and have a great day.