Disney World! Day 0

Day 0 (the flight)

The flight to Disney World was quite uninteresting, but I’m going to talk about it anyway. We arrived at the airport at about 5:30 pacific time, and we got to our flight really fast, there were almost lines , which was nice. We stopped for a bite and then got on our flight. This flight had no WiFi, but that was expected. They did have those television screens that you can watch movies and shows on, but I forgot to bring wired headphones, so I just played the various video games that they had. I tried hangman, failed miserably, tried solitaire, got bored, played Angry Birds for about half an hour then played some Incredibles puzzle game where you play as the baby for about 45 minutes, and for the final 15 minutes I stumbled across some  game that was basically Subway Surfers, but in 2D with Mickey Mouse. 

We arrived at Toronto, waited about 30 minutes, and got on our second flight to Orlando. This plane was much smaller than the one we took to Toronto, but this plane had windows with adjustable tint, which I found interesting. They didn’t have the screens, but they had WiFi! But you had to pay for the WiFi, which was like $15 for one flight, and I was not going to pay $15 just for some crappy airplane WiFi. The good news was that the WiFi still worked for those who didn’t pay, but it was one website that worked, and it did the exact same thing as the screens on the first flight. After doing nothing for about 3 hours we arrived at Orlando in the morning, and I had little to no sleep. Nevertheless, we headed for the bus, and grabbed some drinks on the way. We got on the bus to our hotel, and I finally got some sleep, even though it was only for about 15 minutes. 

We arrived at the hotel, and it was massive. I was just surprised by how huge it was, although most of the size was just the large entrance area. Then all of us headed for the room, and took time to settle down for a bit. It was lunchtime, so we went to The Boardwalk for some food, and the restaurant we ate at had this really good crab soup with these equally as good slices of garlic bread with perfectly melted cheese. 

Once lunch was over, there was this store not far from the place we ate lunch that we went to and bought our Magic Bands, which were these wristbands with these chips in them so you could link your Magic Band to your park pass, so you could just scan your Magic Band and get access to the park. Now the bands cost about $10 each, which is a lot of money when you can just use your pass. This was useful to us because we had Genie+. Genie+ is just this service that you have to pay for, but it allows you to book Lightning Lane reservations. To book a Lightning Lane, you had to open the Disney app, go to a ride you want to do, and you can book that ride for one of the available times. Having the Magic Band was convenient because you have to scan your pass every time that you take the Lightning Lane, and this is to verify that you actually got Genie+, and that you actually booked that time. This makes it so that you don’t have to pull out your card every time, which is kind of a hassle, and also get this cool souvenir. Some of the Magic Bands were limited edition, and if you sold the limited edition Magic Band after it became sold out, you could sell it for more money. The battery on the Magic Bands supposedly last up to 10 years, which kind of makes sense, since it’s just this tiny  chip which only purpose is to send a signal to these scanners when you press the band onto the scanner.

So after we got our Magic Bands, we went back to the hotel to take a power nap. We took our nap and took the bus to Disney Springs we walked around Disney Springs in the boiling Florida weather for a bit, then we ate dinner at Morimoto, which is a fancy restaurant owned by some guy who won Master Chef. I wasn’t that hungry, so I got a kid’s meal, but I tried some of the stuff the rest of my family got, I and have to say, the dining is Disney World so far is top notch. This is probably the finest dining I have had in a long time. I got this interesting Japanese soda that had some system so that you could only drink in small sips, which I found pretty cool. 

After our dinner we went to see the Disney World Cirque du Soleil show, which was a Cirque du  Soleil show that was exclusive to Disney World. The show was good, but I can’t remember it very well because I was really, really tired, and almost fell asleep at parts, even though I was far from bored. Once we were done with the show, we went back to the hotel, and Gavin and I fell asleep instantly. Well, that concludes Day 0 of this vacation, and there should be a like right here to the blog post for next day of this trip. If there is no link and no media in this post, the blog posts are not yet completed, and will be completed soon.