Disney World! Day 5

Day 5

This was the first day that we actually got to sleep in. Gavin and I badly needed this sleep and we were really tired the night before. We ended up sleeping in to almost 10 am and we had leftovers for breakfast. Once breakfast was finished we took a bus to Disney Springs. We started out heading to a traditional Floridian restaurant, and all of us had coke, hush puppies, and most importantly, crispy fried gator. This consisted of deep fried gator tail and a house-made sauce. I had never had alligator before, so this was a first for me, but both of my parents had gator a long time ago. After eating it, I can confirm that it tastes like chicken. I would say that it seems more tender and has more flavour than chicken, but that also might be due to how it was cooked. I also got a tomato soup that had a huge layer of cheese at the top and a mound of pulled pork. Gavin got a hamburger with mac and cheese, and our parents shared a thing of yellow mashed potatoes with deep fried drumsticks and powdered doughnuts. Once had our lunch we headed for the nearest clothing store to buy some Mickey Mouse brand clothing. All of us were instructed to wear the same shirt for the day after, mimicking the many other families that were doing to same. Next we headed to the Disney candy shop where Gavin and I bought treats to give to our friends back in Vancouver. I bought a thing of taffy for my friends, and Gavin bought a bag of assorted candies for his friends. 

Once the candy shopping was done, we walked to a Star Wars themed store, which had tons of cool Star Wars stuff, but it was all super expensive. When we were done looking at overpriced toys, we made our way to Starbucks to get a refreshing drink, which was really nice considering how hot it was in Florida. I don’t recall what I had, but I remember it was cold and refreshing. When we started heading back after shopping we made a stop a the second Star Wars store and a stop at a Marvel store. They both had interesting stuff, but it was too expensive to consider buying. Now that we had been to all of the interesting stores, we took the bus back to the hotel. Once we were back at the hotel, we took a 20 minute break, and then we took a dip in the hotel pool.

The pool area actually had three pools, excluding the hot tubs. The first area was just a normal pool, but it has a bar right next to it. The second pool was warmer than the first pool, and it was kind of like a really large hot tub. This pool was also round like a hot tub, and much shallower than the first pool. The third pool was the largest, and was shaped like a river, with bridges going across it. At the sides of the pool were two hot tubs, but one was closed. At the end of the pool closest to the other pools there was a one foot tall waterfall, which felt pretty nice to just sit under. If you went past the first bridge there would be a waterslide, which was kind of small, but it was also for younger kids. Gavin was pretty eager to do the waterslide as soon as we arrived, so we did the waterslide a few times before I decided to just sit in the pool for a bit. After that we went to the beach right next to the pool, and that beach had a lake next to it, but we were not allowed into the lake due to leeches, crocodiles, and snakes. Due to how gritty the sand was, and how it refused to come off of our skin, Gavin and I took a jump into the pool before drying off and heading to our hotel room. 

On the way to the hotel room, Gavin heard some cheering from a room near the outdoor pool area, so we went inside and there was an arcade. We didn’t have any money, so we just walked around the arcade looking at various arcade machines. When Gavin finally got bored of that, we went back to the room and went to bed. 

Well, that concludes Day 5 of this vacation, and there should be a like right here to the blog post for next day of this trip. If there is no link and no media in this post, the blog posts are not yet completed, and will be completed soon.