Week Four, Free Choice

Week four is all about free choice, so I am going to share some things on drawing since I haven’t really mentioned it in any of my blog posts so far. Drawing is something that I enjoy doing in my free time or when I need to take a break and relax, and personally I find that this is a very effective method for calming down myself so that I am able to think more clearly about things. With that all in mind here is my week four post all about drawing.

First thing about drawing is that I use an app called SKETCHES PRO to create all of my images. This is an incredibly helpful app that allows you to use a large rang of tools from pencil, pen, paint brush, air brush and many many more, so if you are looking for a place to start that gives you all the tools you need, sketches pro is the right app.

Now onto a little bit about what I draw and why. From a young age I enjoyed drawing, but mostly because it allowed me to make a mess and my parents would be fine with that as long as it was “art”, but in my last few recent years I have really tried my very best to concentrate on detail and how to show as much of it as possible in a single image. I like to use things like air brushes, paint brushes, and pencil to shade images giving them depth and detail, although sometimes I find it hard to use these in smaller parts of images, so if you have any strategies please let me know in the comments. Anther thing that I have worked on is things like created images that are more realistic, which means that the shadows match, face proportions are correct and colour that blends with other colour nicely. This has been much more difficult than detail, I always seem to go and use a more cartoon ish style, I find that it is more fun and is something that comes more naturally to me.

When I was much younger I was nominated for a young artist award which was featured in some newspapers, and that was very cool to me and still to this day is. Here is the picture of myself back then. Click here to see the article.

Another thing I want to share is how I look back at my art and things like that. I don’t know if anyone reading this does this but one thing I constantly do is look at previous drawings and think about how I could change them to make them better, more detailed, realistic or more cartoon like. This is something that happened every time I look back any of my previous sketches.

Lastly I will talk about some inspirations of mine, people who have inspired me to draw or who’s images I really enjoy. First up is the street artist Banksy, I studied him during a project in gr.6 when I was tasked to replicate a type of artist style then create a miniature room with that artist type of art. His art style is very different from most as it appears out of nowhere and no one knows who he actually is, but all of his art has important messages in the pictures. They communicate important ideas and political points of view that sometimes shocks those who see it just because of how strange these images are. This art style was never something I was good at but something I tried any way, but along the way it made me realize how interesting and cool art can be. I have also drawn inspiration from friends and peers around me who’s artistic talent is something to treasure.

With that I will conclude this blog, I hope you enjoyed it and got somethings out of it.

That’s all for now.