Week eight reflection

For my final post of the student blogging challenge I must complete a reflection on the challenges and the process as a whole. I have a lot to talk about, some about my experiences, post that I enjoyed, and some things I think could be improved on.

First off is the process for each and everyone of my post, they always had different topics so creating a strategy for making creative post was definitely something that did not come easily, but with all the posts that I have done over the last year and a half, things come more easily now. What I would do it find a point in my topic that I want to talk about, then centre most of the information in my post around that topic, this is an efficient way of doing the posts but looking back now I could have used many other methods like brainstorming, putting all my ideas on a page, creating a chart with things I think I want to talk about. 

Some of the posts I really enjoyed doing were ones like creating an emojis , free choice  and others like my Alberta Reflection post which I did out of the student blogging challenge. The emoji art one was very fun for me because it allowed me to spend time thinking about different emojis and what makes them unique, I had never really spent time doing something like this so I found it interesting. The free choice let me cover any topic that I wanted in my case I chose drawing because I had never done any actual post on my drawings and how much I enjoyed them. Lastly my posts that I do out of the student blogging challenge like the Alberta one, these ones really make me think deep about the topics we cover while on trips like that so being able to communicate my understanding of these topics on a blog is cool and something different which I also like to do.

As a whole I found that the Student blogging challenge was a successful challenge that has shown that I can improve from last year. I feel that the second time around I was able to realize what I did well last year and what I can improve on as well, so this year I think I applied them better to the seven posts that I have done this year. 

Over all I believe that I have improved my skills in blogging, I am able to express my opinions through blogging which I feel is very important and allows me to clearly communicate a message. Along with that I have been able to comment on many peoples blogs around the worlds and that type of communication is very important. Blogging is an incredible skill to have and I think that I am still just beginning, but I can’t wait to see where this takes me.

That’s all for now.