Satire

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U27NTrd82xQ

First real blog post of grade 12. I can’t believe I’m this close to the finish line. Just eight more months of high school. Stuff I’m definitely going to miss isn’t the worksheets or even these blog posts the stuff I’m going to miss is how much fun I had making some of these projects in PLP.

It wouldn’t be a PLP assignment if we didn’t spend one full class before the project. Learning what the difference between a satire and a parody. To be honest this was very helpful. Ms. Willemse showed us very good examples of satires.

Not only did we go over the differences we discussed the essentials of a satire. At the beginning of this project, I thought it would be very easy. I WAS VERY WRONG. This assignment kinda goofed me a little. Definitely, the hardest part of the assignment was getting my topic idea.

After some time I finally decided what I was going to do I was going to do a weather show trying to disprove global warming. I choose this because what a satire does (definition) is pinpoint something wrong with society and use humor to spark change in our society.

What I learned

Well I believe I learned two thing

1- You judge an assignment by its cover. (but seriously I thought this assignment would be super easy because I have made lot’s of parodies before) I learned very quickly that this task was more difficult then I thought it would be.

And

2- When you start something finish it (Halfway through filming my video I didn’t like my idea anymore and I was going to change it) I’m very glad I stuck with my idea because halfway through editing my video I thought it was very well done for the amount of time we had for the project.