Its Because Im Irish

I’ve always been known to be quite a storyteller. My family says it’s because I’m part Irish. Whatever the reason being behind why I can tell a amazing story doesn’t matter. I’m here to tell the times where I almost died, dented my skull, thought about killing my sister, and broke my arm. I have had a lot time to showcase my story telling abilities. This is one of them.

This project is about showcasing our own past as a part of history. Down below are some of the most memorable events I’ve had to go through, excluding child birth of course because I don’t remember it, but it was mandatory.

1st: Childbirth 

Ever since the beginning it hasn’t been easy. Childbirth was no simple or pleasant task for my mom. When my mom was in labour, I wouldn’t come out and it got so bad that I stopped breathing and the hospital was in code blue. This means basically no breathing. So my mom had to get a c-section. My dad ran down the hall behind my mom and I and the doctors and then they threw iodine or something along those lines, it was red on my moms stomach. They pulled me out and then put my mom back together. They raced me over to a me over to a table and got me breathing, I hadn’t taken a breath in a minute, 2 doctors got me breathing and crying. Meanwhile they were getting my mom breathing again since we were both in bad shape. Then after everything had settled down my dad was standing in between the two of us and said “look at the size of bis feet” they looked almost as big as my legs, so everyone started laughing, which was kind of an ice breaker in the room, but my mom was still out of it. Me and my mom then spent three days in the hospital together.

2nd: Wooden Go-Kart

One day my sister found this wooden go kart beside this dumpster. I was 6 she was 9. One day I was playing with it on a small hill and testing how it all worked. It was behind a garbage can and we brought it home. Then we tested it on the small hill outside of our house to see how the brakes worked and how well it handled. After we knew all the specs and details, and knew our parents would be gone, we convinced our babysitter to let us take it down the big hill. Imagine the hill as steep as the one on the parkway. We had all the neighbourhood kids there hyping us up. I was in the front of the go kart, my sister was in the back. We went down the hill, the babysitter following us in her bike. We noticed we were picking up to much speed, so we applied the breaks and found out actually only one side worked. So no joke, we swerved left straight into a truck. My sister was a little cut up, although not as bad as me since I was in the front. I dented and sliced open my head, had to black eyes and some cuts and bruises. For whatever reason the babysitter thought I was ok and didn’t take me or my sister to the hospital, despite having a dent and slice in my head. I also had black eyes, a swollen head and was beat up. All she did was put me in a bath tub… I was lucky to be alive after smashing into the vehicle with no helmet or something on. My dad was out of town for 5 weeks, and my mom was panicked.

3rd: Lego Ship Building 

My parents bought me a very expensive lego ship I had always wanted. At the time my parents couldn’t really afford the lego ship, but I really wanted it and my parents eventually caved in and bought it. This ship was like 1800 pieces. When we got home with the ship, I went to the corner of my parents room and dumped the box of lego. I spent two hours organizing the lego. I worked day after day on this lego ship, it took my dad and I three days to complete. This is one of my most fondest memories. I loved building lego because it let me showcase my creativity and I remember it was a great bonding experience between us. Side note, I once had one of my lego creations shown in legos magazine. After I was done the ship, I put it in my room near the door. Not only twenty minutes after it was completed it, my sister came around the corner and she says she’s “accidentally” stepped on the ship and destroyed it, I was so mad I almost killed her.

4th: broke my arm

One day I was in a car, pretty much like any other day, and my dad and I got into a really bad car crash. I ended up having two compound fractures in my wrist. I was rushed to the emergency room to get my arm re-straightened. After it was straight again, I had to get nine screws and two metal plates in my wrist. I kept it short because everyone has heard this story a million times.