It’s almost December! The holidays are nearing, wether you’re celebrating Christmas or Hanukah, or any other celebration that you and your family partake in. That’s why it’s fitting that  this weeks SBC is all about celebrations and festivities.

Celebration!

My family celebrates a lot of holidays like Easter, thanks giving, etc. Although, the one we celebrate the most is definitely Christmas. Every year a few days before Christmas my whole extended family goes to my grandmas house on the Sunshine Coast. My uncles and aunts, grandparents, cousins, great grandparents, and even my great aunt who flies in from northern Cyprus all come. We decorate a tree, make pies and traditional German food, and watch lots of Christmas movies. Everybody in the family buys each other some small gifts, and of course we have stockings. Because there are so many people at the house though, all the stockings cant fit over the fire place. Christmas is so important to me because of the sense of family. My mom has spent every Christmas of her life with my grandmother so it means a lot to her as well. I bet a lot of you celebrate Christmas as well, what’s your favourite part of the holiday? And if you don’t celebrate Christmas what holiday or holidays do you celebrate? 

This is an image I found online copyright free. If you don’t know how to find un copyrighted images online go check out my blog post form week 3 of the SBC. As I was saying this image is one that really represents what Christmas means to me. In the photo you can see many things. Snow, a snow man, cinnamon and an acorn. To me the snow is actually one of the key parts of the image. I’m a skier and skiing makes up a lot of my winter Holliday. The days when I’m not at my grandmas I’m either skiing or working at the ski resort. As for the snow man, it represents the playfulness of Christmas. I spend lots of time with friends, and playing board games with family. In the bottom right corner of the image you can see the cinnamon. Cinnamon for me really connects to the baking and cooking aspects of Christmas. Lots of my favourite foods that are popular around Christmas time have cinnamon and as I am a growing teenage food is really important to me. Finally, the acorn connects to nature. Nature is always beautiful, the vast oceans, tall mountains and cute animals among many other spectacles. But when winter comes the whole world changes. The glistening snow flakes, the snow capped trees and mountains, and the beautiful frozen lakes all make nature in winter one of the most beautiful sights in the world.

Winter sunrise in Italy.

I hope you have learned a little about the holiday my family celebrates the most and enjoyed learning about what that Christmas picture represents in my heart. Good luck with the rest of the challenge fellow SBC bloggers. As always new blog posts are always appearing on my blog so stay tuned and have a great holiday season!