Welcome to the blog post for my scimatics project meiosis. This project was all about cell reproduction, and the different ways it happens. We got to learn about Meiosis and mitosis, their differences and similarities and how they work. But of course PLP added some extra challenges for this project. We started by learning all about these two different types of cell reproduction through some interesting videos and khan academy lessons. We then had to use our skills to learn how to use tinker cad (which I found to be extremely tedious). After that we used our new tinker cad skills to design some 3-dimensional cells that could help show the mitosis and meiosis processes. Then finally we made a video using our models. This was a great project and through these milestones I learnt a lot, but I also got the opportunity to demonstrate some competency’s so let me tell you about that. 

A part of my Meiosis model.

The first one is Questioning and predicting. I demonstrated a sustained intellectual curiosity about a scientific topic in the first few milestones of this problem. The way I did this was by continuing to learn about cell reproduction not only in the technical way and diagrams but also through videos and independent research. 

Khan Academy quizzes.

The second competency is scientific communication. This project helped me clearly demonstrate this competency in milestone 4 and 5. In these milestones I literally had to formulate a physical model to describe the phenomenon of cell reproduction. 

I also finished my mind map.

So in conclusion this was an engaging and fun project that taught me a lot about cell reproduction. It also helped me develop my competency’s further. I can’t believe this is the final project for this year in scimatics. Summer will be a nice break but I can only wonder what our next scimatics project might be? As always thanks for reading and stay tuned for more.