The beginning of the greatest Canadian project.

This was the first week of the, “who is the greatest Canadian?” Project. As it was our first week we got hit with a lot of information all at once and got to learn about our new project. Let’s get into the details.

Ms Maxwell was Kind enough to give us the whole project outline right from the start of the project. I now know that for this project we will be making a podcast episode that answers the question of who is the greatest Canadian. In our last project with Ms. Willemse I had to design my podcast and make a podcast trailer for it. Mountain biking is one of my passions so I decided to base my podcast on reviewing the latest invitations in mountain bike technology and new or emerging trends in the sport. Knowing that I had to mix together mountain bike tech and the greatest Canadian into one podcast Episode had me worried though. How would I fit the two together? Would I be looking at the greatest Canadian through the lens of mountain biking? 

I haven’t fully got to answering those concerns yet but luckily I have already decided on my next steps thanks to milestone one which I completed in class. For this first milestone I was put in a group with three piers and we decided on what we knew, what we needed to know and potential next steps. 

Some other things I have done in the first few days of the project is learn a lot about both greatness and Canada. Having a good understanding of both those things is essential to understanding the driving question. I have also got lots of practice with my note taking skills.

Summary: 

The first week of this project has been great. I know what the project is about, what I’ll have to do to get a good mark, what I still need to figure out and how I’m going to figure those things out. I am learning all about greatness and Canada and I am a masterful note taker already. What a good start and I can’t wait for the next week.