Charts and graphs and magicness

In my math class recently, we’ve been learning about linear equations. You know, Y = mb = X.
We did some classes just learning about them, the we started our project. We were given 10,000 fictional dollars for a US road trip. We started in New York City, and could go anywhere we wanted. We only had a few parameters to meet. We had to spend at least $9,500, and we had to be able to get to and from our destination by car.

We had a few sheets we had to fill out, and on that sheet we had a few limitations. Limitations like the car we could use, the baggage we could have, the expensiveness of the hotels we could stay in, stuff like that.

We started with the expenses of food, bagging, and lodging. Because I wanted the most luxurious trip, I went with the most expensive of each, with food being $200 per day, lodging being $500 per day, and bagging being $300 per person. Because im the only person, bagging was a straight $300. So, lets add this up. Y = ($200 + $500 =$700) D + $300.

Now, we need the start and end locations. I chose Trump Tower in New York. After, I didn’t know where to end, so I chose a random number (for the address) and a random city in the States. Well, it turns out that “33876 Chicago – Kansas City Expy, Good Hope, IL 61438, USA“ is quite literally the side of a highway. I was then given an interesting question. If I could only drive for 10 hours a day, it would take 4 days. Then, if my trip took 31 days, I would drive for 1 hour a day.

Part 3: vehicle expenses
Again, I want a luxurious trip, so I went with the most expensive car I could, the Lamborghini.
The lambo costs $160 per day, so we can add 160 to our 700, making it $860. To find the gas cost and mileage, I had to take the total distance (34 miles) and divided that by the MPG of the lambo (13). I got 2.6, or 2.6 gallons of gas. Those numbers mean nothing to me, so lets metric them. 34 miles become 57 km, and 2.6 gallons becomes 9.7 litres. At $2.80 per gallon, im paying an additional $7.28.

During this project, we encountered “the Speeding Cyclist”, a crazed maniac biking faster than the speed limit. I had to calculate how fast he was going, and answer some questions about how fast he was going, and where he might be hiding. For completing all of the questions, I was given and extra $8,000 to spend on my trip. This brings the amount I have to spend up to $17,500.

Now, we have to calculate the cost over 1, 2, 3, and 4, weeks right now, we have “Y=$860d+$307.28” Y is the total cost, and d is the total days. Remember, I have to spend AT LEAST $17,000. From the photo below, 1 and 2 weeks are too short, and 3 weeks is to long. So on the next page, I found an exact amount of days that would work.
I thought that something in between 14 and 21 days would, so i found the cost of 17 days. I still had plenty of money left over, so I found the cost of 20 days, and after that, I only had about $500 left. Perfect! A 20 day trip from Trump Tower to a Kansas City highway and back.

Now, here’s something I wasn’t prepared for: sponsorships. Three different companies, Coca Cola, Pepsi, and Snapple, were willing to provide money for having their products appear during my trip. While none of their sponsorships would give me enough money to extend my trip, I did calculate when each sponsorship would provide me with the best money-day ratio.

So for a recap, we had to plan out the costs for a roadtrip across America. We had $10,000 to spend, and got more from the Speeding Cyclist. I went on the most luxurious trip I could from trump tower to a highway in Kansas and back. After spending $17,500 on my trip, I get the option for a sponsorship to try and extend my trip, but none of the sponsorships actually extend my trip.