The More Things Change 🦫

HI, everyone. Today I will be talking about the “The More Things Change” project that I finished recently.

The final product is this fine infographic that both me and my partner Max made, you can find his blog here.

It was quite fun to make and from start to finish the project took 3 school weeks to complete. We worked through a series of milestones in order to ensure that we had all the info that we needed to put on the infographic. 

In this project there was a lot of writing notes involved, but it helped me learn how to properly organize them better which may help me in the future. 

The project was also based on continuity and change between the time of New France and today, so we learned a lot about it and how it is important to today.

We did all this learning so that in the end we could answer the question “ What did European settlement mean for all the groups involved” and my final answer that me and my partner decided on was: 

European settlement meant exposure to different cultures and ways of living for all groups involved. Although dependency between the groups has changed dramatically since the time of contact in Canada, unique culture and societies amongst each group remain constant today. 

After we came to this conclusion we started to make the infographic that you can see at the top of this post. We were given a template that we then filled in with our info that we found and made some cool graphics that correspond with them. Making the infographic was probably the most fun part of the project but even after completing it we were not done yet.

I then put together a cool keynote magic move video and recorded some audio walking you through it over top, after it was complete I uploaded the video to my YouTube channel, you can find the video here.

Now that we were done everything in the project me, my partner and everyone in my class who also made one put them up around the school so that other students could read them.

I think that the project taught me some useful information and taught me more about why learning about the past is important.