People and the environment 🌲

This project was all about the relationship between people and the environment. The goal was to take knowledge we already knew to pick a topic about climate change, learn more about it then write a letter to a government official about how we think they can help fix this problem.

I wanted to talk about the old growth logging around Vancouver island. I think that it is a big problem in BC and that people should be doing more to help with it. Because simply writing a letter wouldn’t make a great project we also built extra knowledge about people and the environments relationship and climate change by doing a bunch of CommonLit reading and writing activities. The idea of these activities were to enhance your reading and mostly writing skills while learning about climate change while doing so.

I made about 4 drafts of my letter before I was happy with it, that way I could get a lot of feedback and do multiple revisions before mailing it. In the end my letter looked like this.

I think that I did a pretty good job by clearly stating the problem, supporting evidence, and a solution to the problem.

After finishing my letter I also looked back at some of the CommonLit activities that I did through the project. Looking at the feedback and analytics on each activity, I got progressively better at completing each assignment and adding more detail and description to my answers.

Overall I personally think this was mostly a writing project and it helped me to gain better writing skills and gave me a better understanding of climate change problems in Canada.