Mpol 2022

Intro

This post is not gonna be a usual post about a project that i just finished or a certain thing that I found interesting. Instead this is basically going to be my full reflection of everything that I have learned during this first half of the year, things I want to improve on, projects or parts of projects that I was proud of and struggles and problems I had along the way.

Starting setbacks

Seeing as this is the first half of the year it started strait out of summer meaning that I was completely adjusted to the carefree luxury that is summer break. So when I first got back to school I was not fully in the work mindset and that resulted in a slow start. But after getting into the swing of things during the people and the environment project it got me more motivated to do better after mailing a letter about what I thought about current world problems. 

Just before winter break                 

The Scimatics class was working on a little project called correlation vs causation. It was mostly strait forward, make a survey, compare results, check for correlation and causation, then record the results and describe the difference of correlation and causation in a presentation for the class. What made it better was that it was a partner project and I got to work on it with a friend. This project probably went the smoothest compared to most the others that I have done so far and I didn’t find many problems throughout the project. I also enjoy graphing because its simple yet you can learn a lot of different things just by comparing results. 

The humanities project that I did just before winter break was the revolutions on trial project. Personally even though it was majority a group project I think it is my worst project that I did this year so far. Even though I got sick for a week of it, I don’t count that as a good excuse for not preforming my best because I had all the resources to keep up with the project at home and I could check what I had to do through both Basecamp and Showbie. I think that the reason that I didn’t do great is that during the week of school I missed, we worked on some important stepping stones in class. And over my school career something that I have noticed is that I am terrible at homework, and I don’t just mean work that I am specifically given to do at home but just doing school work at home in general. I find that when I am at school I do work much better but when I’m at home I sit down and lose all motivation to complete tasks. That kinda through me off track for the rest of the project. But in the end when we presented our project as a group during the winter exhibition I think it turned out great.

After the break 

Coming back from break we jumped strait into what would be my final two projects of the semester which were chemistry stories and working with words.

Working with words was probably my favourite project of the semester, which at the start I completely though it would be my least favourite project of them all. This is because it was about poetry and my past experiences with poetry have been very boring and seemingly useless. But this project showed me that poetry is actually quite enjoyable and when you put your mind to it it can be quite relaxing. Because the purpose of the project was to write about my worldview I found it refreshing to be able to write about everything I thought about the world and how I see it. And after writing a poem book I was realy proud of my poems and the result of the project.

End of semester project review and things I enjoyed and disliked 

So far I have done six projects which are:

• Game of exponent laws 
  • People and the environment
  • Correlation vs causation 
  • Revolutions on trial 
  • Chemistry stories 
  • Working with words 

I think the project that I learned the most from was chemistry stories. Because It showed me a lot of terms and important topics that I will most likely run into again in the future. As interesting as all the humanities projects were I think that besides the revolutions project they were all focused on learning about how I feel about the world and finding my opinions on things and didn’t teach me as many important facts or skills. 

Resolutions 

I think that after this semester I need to realy get into the mindset that what I am learning will help me and I need to do my best and put more effort into my work or i will not improve. I also need to somehow be more motivated to do the work and put in the time at home and out of my day to improve, because one of my downfalls this past semester has been that I haven’t felt very motivated, compared to grade 8 I was excited to learn more and realy enjoyed the projects that we hated worked on. But overall I am happy with and met most of the goals that I had set But there was clear room for improvement.