War To end All Wars

This project was all about Canadas involvement in WW1 and about tapping into my artist side and create a visual novel about a specific battle that happened back then.

Starting off I think that I am not very good at art so when I heard that I was allowed to find images to take inspiration from and trace parts of them I was relived. When it came to building knowledge about WW1 I was a bit disappointed that we didn’t learn  about many of the significant parts of the war and for the most part only focused on some of the lesser known battles with Canada. We learned about some of the starting factors through the project but mostly from reading a graphic novel so it didn’t include some of the important details however it helped make ideas about how to make my comic because it would eventually look like the book we read.

When it came to drawing I was presently surprised by the result of my comic panels and because of my previous experiences I thought it would look a lot worse.

My comic was about the battle of hill 70 which was not very eventful but lasted a while I found most of my information quite quickly but it was interesting all the same.

Overall I think that it was too focused on art and less on the knowledge of WW1 but that is my only complaint.