What was life like in the Middle Ages? How does it compare to today?

Hi everyone is Randy again,

So today I’m going to reflect on the project that I just finished, which is “this changes everything”. In this project we learned how life in Middle Ages were like and how does it compare to today. So first we started off with reading a book called “the book of the lion”, this book is about a man called Edmund living in Middle Ages and becoming a knight. while I was reading I realized that making notes at the end of each chapters are very helpful at summarizing, and when you forget what that chapter is about you can just look at the notes you wrote.

One milestone that really stands out to me was Milestone#3, this milestone is about discussing each section of the book after a week of reading, and I liked chatting with my classmates but also when there were something that I didn’t understand in the book;I could ask them.

We all have our own note on Middle Ages, and something that we took notes on was the feudal system, knighthood, court system, Charlemagne, crusades, Black Death, and the 3 f’s. And here is a video of it.

video

we also had to choose two topics and talk about the continuity and change of them. And me and partner’s topics were food for continuity and clothing for change. So we first have decided that I’m going to do food, and she is going to do clothing, then we did some research on each of ours topics. After all of that we made a Pages document of the information that we have collected. Once we have done the research we started to make the presentation slides, I basically put images of livestock back then on the left and livestock now on the right, so it makes clear comparisons.

Here is a video of me and my partner presenting!

Conclusion:

In this project we were mainly focusing on how are lives and conditions alike over time, and how have they changed. I personally think that our lives are much easier now, because of all of the technologies, also people back then had to do everything by themselves and gets really low paid, people now are all equal and all have the  right to do what they want to do.
Clothing is a great example of change, people now are way more richer than before so there are a lot more choices to choose from. Back then the clothes were not as comfy as they now do, and they were also not as fancy as they do now. Why? Because they didn’t have enough population or any technologies, we now uses machines to help us to make clothes, so the price is even more cheaper.