New France

Hi guys it’s me Randy again, today is a special day. Me and my classmates fished our projects and we are ready to move on, summer break is tomorrow and today is my last day of being a grade 8, and at this point I’m going to be reflecting on my last humanities project.

This project was still about people in back then, and the driving question was “what did the artifacts teach us about settlement peoples, and life in New France?” Basically I’ve chosen an artifact that was found in New France after I did some research on it, I wrote a creative story that connects the artifacts to a person that lived in New France. I made up a person called Blanche Jean Paul based on the research that I did on people that lived in New France, he was a unlicensed fur trader and because his friend thatgot killed by the government, so he decided to just become a farmer and have a nice family, then he met his future wife and married. The artifact comes in when they married and his wife drew him when he was farming.  If you are interested in some specific details of my story then please check it out.

The book

We learned knowledge about the start of Canada in this project, and mainly from milestone 2, 3, and 4. For each of them we learned how people and things lived in New France. I chose my person and artifact at that point, and after I just jumped right into the story spine. The first draft of the story spine was not good, but the second one was awesome. After it got approved I just wrote the story about “Blanch Jean Paul the unlicensed fur trader”.

After all I think I learned a lot in this project, in the story I showed how people lived in New France. And I also made my artifact specific and related to my character.

One Reply to “New France”

1. Maybe add some media like links or pictures.