So, I’m sure just about everyone on the planet has heard about COVID-19 by now. Due to this most people are self quarantining, so this means that we don’t have any school for the time being. This has forced our school to have to adapt to these new changes and that means Destination Imagination online. If you have not checked out my first post you can find that here. This for sure is a different experience but I’m always open to new ideas.

For practice our team used Zoom because that is what we would be presenting on. One of the big advantages of using Zoom for our presentation was that we could change our backgrounds on the fly. The changes we wanted to make to our presentation were the props, team choice element one and two and hydraulic element for our story, but the biggest priority was the story. Since this was the part that we could get the most points out of we wanted to maximize that for our second time around. The changes that we made were to make the story longer, to add more to the script so that it would have a better more clear explanation of what we were doing in the presentation, add some sound effects, and to also add the zookeeper telling the monkeys to get back to the zoo at the end. To make our team choice element with ukuleles better we also added lyrics to go with the story. Before all of this at school our team created a much more reliable and powerful hydraulic system to knock over our trees in during the solution. This included only one hose and two syringes as opposed to four hoses and eight syringes. Our plans were also to completely redo the bush to make the entrance and exit in and out of the bush a lot faster and easier. You can see the backgrounds that we used in the performance below.

Overall I thought that our team did solid on the performance and improved on the things that we could. With our efforts to the online performance I’m sure that we would have translated that into the actual Destination Imagination performance we would have done well at the provincial tournament. Remember to stay home and follow social distancing protocols so we can flatten the curve, see you next time.