RUN🏃🏻‍♀️

What technology, tools, and strategies can we utilize to create short films? This is one of the many questions I’ve been thinking about lately.

Since I’m in a program called PLP we do some different things than regular programs, we have a course called maker which is kind of like a digital literacy class, we learn how to use our iPads and the different apps we use. Right now we are learning about video skills, and how to create good quality videos.

For our recent maker project we were told to answer this question with re-creating a short horror film. For this project we were in groups of three or four, my group was me, Grace and Ryan. Our group did really well to get things accomplished and handed in on time.

The first couple of things we had to do before the video were:

Knowing your strengths, this is where we took a quiz on who we are as a person and as a learner. Learning our strengths and weaknesses.

After that we were put in groups and started the project, by starting we made a screenplay based on the short film we watched and tried our best to record all the scenes. Then we tried to make a storyboard, we used keynote for this and tried to mimic the video, it was a very rough draft but it gave the just of what we were trying to show.

Then we had to learn how to make a call sheet, a call sheet from what I know is where you write a bunch of info on the filming part, as in timing, people needed, place, contacts and medical information as in who will be there to help and nearest hospital.

After that we had to plan when we were going to get together to film our clips to put together for the remake. We first filmed on a Sunday for our first draft.

We got a ton of great feedback, we took this feedback and we decided to try again and re-shoot our video, this time it was way better.

In conclusion I think that the technology, tools and strategies were so much easier to utilize by doing that quick survey and finding out who we are as a learner and our strengths and weaknesses. With knowing these we were able to apply them to this project and work hard and succeed

One thought on “RUN🏃🏻‍♀️

1. Hello Rhiannh, I found your post very intriguing. Your “voice” and love of film making really came through in your writing. As a film enthusiast, and film critic, I found your post very relatable. You obviously know what you’re doing and give a good look into the film making the process. I can’t wait to see what other things you do in the future.

Fellow Edublogs Challange Participant,

Ayyoob Saeed (P.S here’s my blog if you want to check it out: http://blogs.lcps.org/writerstalk/)