SBC | Traditions

November 19 2005 I was born 14 years later I had to write this blog post.

For the student blogging challenge this week it’s about traditions and celebrations. The celebration that I will be writing about is my birthday since it happened to be during this weeks post.

The big main tradition of this special day is that I get to choose what we have for dinner that night, either we make it or go to a restaurant. This year I decided that I wanted flank steak, broccoli and a pasta recipe from a Jaimie Oliver cookbook.

Instead of having cake on the actual day, we have ice cream. We usually get cake for the family gathering and a gathering with friends. The second biggest tradition is that on the actual day we just spend it with the four of us (my dad, my mom, my brother) and my dog. Then around a week after I gather with my family as in cousins, aunts and uncles. Then I usually have a get together wit a few close friends now that I’m older.

Those are the two main traditions my family and I do on my birthday or even my brothers birthday, we both have similar traditions. I hoped you enjoyed this post. ✌🏻

#catchmeknukles