Metaphor machines

Hey there, welcome back to my blog recently in scimatics we have been learning about electric circuits and metaphor machines.

Let’s begin with the stepping stones. The first stepping stone we were assigned was junkyard wars where we grabbed random stuff and made a cool machine.

Then we started on milestone 1 our project mind map, this mind map is really good for understanding of what to plan for and hope to achieve for this project.Milestone 2 was that we did an electricity lab and created some simple circuits.Milestone 3 was a Khan Academy test where we assessed how well we understood these concepts so far on learning through textbook pages. Our 4th milestone was our blueprints for our machine, we started with simple ideas and soon expanded to our main idea. We started measuring and putting together equipment for our machine.After looking back on the project we never completed a milestone 5 so I will skip again to milestone 6. Milestone 6 was that we had to create and present a video about our ideas for our machine and film our machine in use. The video didn’t turn out to be the best quality but it at least shows our work.

After handing in milestone 6 we had a multiple choice test. I have not yet gotten my mark but feel that I did well. And of course milestone 8 is what you are reading now.

After reflection I think that personally I did quite well to learn and understand electricity and electric circuits. I also think that I really did well on the competency,

Communicating: Communicate ideas, findings, and solutions to problems, using scientific language, representations, and digital technologies

Me and my group did a really good job with our communication and we worked really well to  create the metaphor machine. We were also able to find and solve our questions and problems as in how to relate a circuit and how to get a marble to power it. But in the end it was great.