So, the Crucible is a play we’re reading in class right now. We’ve currently finished Act II, and it’s… quite a lot. The Crucible is set during the Salem Witch Trials, which went from 1692-1693. Fun Fact: Contrary to popular belief, there were no burnings during the witch trails in Salem. They were normally hung and stuff instead. The more you know about murdering people.

So, back to the Crucible. Let’s talk about Act I for a second. It escalates very quickly. It starts off with the Preist’s daughter, Betty Parrish, in bed. She’s sick after being caught doing witchcraft in the woods. Her friend, Abigail, insists they were just dancing. Though after the Putnam’s, who’s daughter is in the same state, come in, the story evolves into the fact that Tituba, the Parrish’s slave, was trying to summon a bunch of the Putnam’s dead babies to see who killed them. After everyone leaves, the story is revealed in it’s whole truth: Abigail and the other girls were drinking blood and trying to use witchcraft to kill off Elizabeth Proctor, who had earlier fired Abigail from working for her. But when everyone comes back in and they start pointing fingers, things escalate.

So naturally all of the girls start naming off other women in the village who have danced with the devil.

Alright, that was probably a lot of information. So, how does one communicate that to a classroom full of kids? Well, the language of Gen Z: memes. Yes, I made a meme to translate Act I. Because of course I did.

Ah yes, the classic meme of brain evolution, which also shows the escalation of the blame in Act I. See, memes work. Education kids with memes, word of advice.

Anyways, I’ll read you later

Sincerely, Parker