The Blog of Ryan

Thoughts between Sports

Halloween (1978)

Hello everybody and welcome back to a movie review. Well sort of… Recently in PLP we started on a unit focusing on horror in various different forms. We are studying the book Frankenstein and watching multiple horror films. All of this… Continue Reading →

Taming of the Flapper Girl

Hello everybody and welcome back to the first blog of Grade 12! To start the year off we have been studying the well known Shakespeare play in the Taming of the Shrew. The Taming of the Shrew is a play about… Continue Reading →

What is Art?

Hello everybody and welcome back to my blog. Today, we will be discussing my final PLP exhibition as a grade 11. With the absence of a maker block in the grade 11 course, there was no chance of us being… Continue Reading →

My Time Machine

Hello everybody and welcome back to my final blog post of the topic of PGP. This post is going to talk about the whole course of PGP, and most specifically our final project in the course. The project at hand… Continue Reading →

My final TPOL

Hello everybody and welcome back to my eighth student led conference, known now as tPOLs. So since this presentation is now about how I’m ready to transition into my final year of high school next year, why don’t I pick… Continue Reading →

The World on the Brink

Hello everybody and welcome back to another end of unit reflection. This time it’s about the 60s and how the world was on the brink of nuclear war. Over the year we have looked back through history in chronological order…. Continue Reading →

Jackie Robinson

Hello everybody and welcome back to the end of another unit. Just recently in PLP we finished up looking at the civil rights movement, throughout the 50s and 60s. In class we talked about the movement itself, and notable events… Continue Reading →

How Colin Kaepernick and Emmett Till Changed History

Hello everybody and welcome back to my first Learning Portfolio Reflection Post of our Civil Rights Unit. In this post I will be answering the question “How can an individual change a system?” I will demonstrate that an individual can… Continue Reading →

How About Another mPOL

Hello Everybody and welcome to my reflection of the school year thus far. This time though, it may be slightly different from other years as I’m using this more to use this as a self reflection rather than showing which… Continue Reading →

The Blenders of the 1950s

Hello everybody and welcome to the first blog post of 2019! I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season and great new year, but it’s now time to reflect on what happened just before Christmas break. By that I’m… Continue Reading →

« Older posts

© 2019 The Blog of Ryan — Powered by WordPress

Theme by Anders NorenUp ↑