Hello everybody and welcome back to my final blog post of the topic of PGP. This post is going to talk about the whole course of PGP, and most specifically our final project in the course.

The project at hand was called the Time Machine. The premise was to make something that could tell or show ourselves at the start of the school year that would’ve been useful to know. It had to be about something we hd learned about during PGP this year. So the possible options were; productivity, any of the 7 habits, or goal setting. I chose to focus on productivity, but more specifically time blocking.

Here is my time machine:

Time Blocking is the act of using your iOS calendar to block off every single thing you do. It gives you a chance to understand when you are busy, when you have time for homework, and when you can finally sit back and relax. This was really important for me this year because I have such a busy schedule, especially during the spring. By time blocking I was able to plan when I could do all my homework while still being able to attend all games and practices for the 3 baseball teams I was a part of, whether it be coaching or playing.

The next topic I briefly covered in the video is goal setting. Personally I’m not great at consistently setting goals for myself. However when I do I find it very helpful. It’s useful for me because it gives me a sense of where I want to go and how I have to get there. Again I find it most effective for my baseball, because I can chose to improve something specific and really think about how to improve it. This is also the same in school however I’m just not very good at setting those types of goals.

The last thing we covered in PGP this year was the 7 habits. We read a book titled The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens. It was a good book, and I think we all learned a lot from it. It’s one of the only books I’ve ever read where I keep thinking about the different messages in it almost everyday. The one problem when we read it was the fact that the copy we were given was formatted very weirdly and it made it slightly challenging to read. One habit that was very important for me and I think about constantly is thinking win-win. This habit is very effective for me in both sports and in school. In sports it’s good to not focus on winning every single game, and more thinking about learning from each game to improve. In school it’s helpful because even something like working on the yearbook became a win-win situation, because they needed somebody to do almost all the photoshop work, and it gave me a good chance to practice my photo editing skills.

Over the course of the year I feel that I have learned a lot in the PGP program. It was really able to help my time management skills and put me in a place to succeed next year in grade 12. I will be constantly time blocking even over the summer to give myself a sense of when my baseball is, as well as how to manage the homework I will probably receive in summer school. I also plan to set more goals for myself over the summer because it is a great habit to get into to help improve my overall work, or whatever it is I’m looking to improve.