It’s the end of our world

Hello everyone 

For a month and a bit my class and I have been working on a project about the renaissance and changes in our life. The final product that would come out of this project is a parody of it’s the end of our world as we know it and the parody is about our transition from elementary school to high school. We all wrote our own songs then got into groups of 3 to combine our songs and record ourselves singing the song in garage band. My group was with Sophia and Nya we combined our 3 songs and each sang a verse to go with the song we also had to make a slide show with pictures of us in 6th grade, 7th grade, and 8th grade.

Driving question

who or what challenged my world view from elementary to high school? We have a driving question for every project that we do, the question is what we are trying to answer and understand throughout the entire project. The question we used was pretty specific but it does require a lot of thinking and detail answer it. My teacher created a very creative way of answering the question, we had to create and sing a song about our experiences and what has changed our world view. 

Milestone 1

The first milestone we did was making a mind note about our world view but not about the world technically it was supposed to be about our view of high school and what we thought was coming for us. The mind note had to have 7 branches with the aspects of world view on them- beliefs, knowledge, time, geography, economy, values, and society we had to add 3-4 branches off of those to explain our view of the aspects. the point of this milestone was to help with our lyrics of the song we would make later and they helped me a lot. 

Milestone 2

Before you create a song with a group you should always think of your own ideas first and that is exactly what we did, our task for milestone 2 was to make lyrics for an individual song we had a template of lyrics from the song it’s the end of the world to help us create our own version. when I was creating my song lyrics I had to look at my mind note so I could have a reference of what to write. The song had to answer the driving question and make a little bit of sense. After we finished writing the song lyrics we showed them to a classmate who would help make the song better and make sure it answers the driving question. 

Milestone 3

Milestone 3 was continuing milestone 2 we had to sing our song that we had written and revised a couple times. When I first herd that we were singing I was kind of scared because I love singing but I hate letting other people hear me sing but in the end you got to choose who was listening to your voice. We had a track made for us already, I had to put the track in garage then record myself over the music, when I was recording myself i was a little off beat and a little slow while I was singing but overall I think it was pretty good. 

Milestone 4

This milestone was more about the renaissance than about the song, our task was to make a small presentation of the cause and consequence of the renaissance we had to choose a topic with our song group to research about. My group chose to research and present about art we created a small keynote with pictures and different topics. Our slides talked about the artists some famous art from the renaissance and how it influences art today. 

check out my slide show Renaissance Art

Milestone 5

Milestone 5 was the last thing we had to do that involved the song. We got into groups of 3 my group was with Nya and Sophia we all took parts of our song and created a new one, we divided up the verses between us and all sang the chorus. When the song is finished we did a small peer critique with another group for some constructive criticism. After we finished the song we created a small slide show of pictures of us in grade 7-8 to go with our song. 

Milestone 6 

milestone 6 Is present and reflect we had to hand in our final song and video for our teacher to mark and to show to the rest of the class. I was really proud of our song and video but I was nervous to show it to the class. All of the songs were cool to listen to and I love seeing the pictures of everyone, in the end showing the song to everyone wasn’t as bad as I thought and I think our song turned out really well. 

Competencies 

We worked with 2 competencies and I will talk about how I used them in my project. 

Create

in this project we had to use this competency a ton because we had to create a very creative song and make it describe how our transition from elementary to high school challenged our world view. I think I successfully used this competency in my project I created a song which is a very hard thing to do and I also made it sound good as a song as well. 

Cause and Consequence

This competency is pretty much part of our driving question, what happened during the transition and what was the consequence. I don’t think I used this competency as much as I used create but I think I did well incorporating it into my song and the whole project. If I did use this competency more I believe I could have made my project even better than it is now so in the future I will work on improving this skill. 

Thanks for reading this post I hope you enjoyed it 🧡