New France

Since the end of may I have been working on a project about New France artifacts and life in New France. I had to research New France and learn everything possible about the colonization and how it became to what it is today. Then I had to go on a virtual museum of New France to pick an artifact that I would write a fictional story about it and life in New France. Since school is online I had no class time to work on it I had to schedule everything on my own time.

the things I learned
There was one thing I needed to lean about to make this story meet the expectations, I had to learn about New France but I also had to know how to write a good story and make it a learning experience in the process.

Milestone 1
To practice writing about significance historical objects I had to choose an object that is related to Covid 19 and would be a historical object in the future. I chose a homemade mask because I see a lot of people wearing them and I think it would be an interesting thing to study in the future. after picking the object I had to write a 200 word paragraph about the object.

Milestone 2
in the second milestone I had to learn about life in New France. I had 3 options to show my learning the options were 1 write a letter from a made up character about how life was going in New France 2 create a character card this card had to include the name, birthday, location, job, relationship, skills, experiences, and their major accomplishments 3 create an explain everything and talk about everything I listed for the character card.

Milestone 3
In this milestone I had to pick my artifact from the virtual museum and do all the research I coul about it, the name of the artifact, a picture of it, when it was made, where it was found, and what it was made for.

Milestone 4
this milestone was a first draft of my story it had to be 600-1000 words it had to be in pages, double spaced and no longer that 5 pages. The story had to include a page of information about the artifact and a page about the author (me)

Milestone 5
this was the last milestone it was for putting my story into book creator so I could publish it and make it look like an actual book.

My object
The artifact that I chose was a writing case here is a picture of it and some information
The writing case was the best way for people to communicate in the time of the colonization of New France. When there was no technology they had to write everything about what was going on population growth, inventions, children, war, and most importantly trade down on paper and send it away on a boat or by carriage. It takes a very long time for letters to travel but it seemed like it was very efficient at the time, this writing case was part of the beginning of communications and it would have helped with the inventions of phones, and mail. The writing case was made for people to write important letters to the most important people. Most people don’t have this writing case because it is only made for the most important people. We know nothing about this particular writing case but I do think it travelled many places across many oceans.

My story
The story I wrote was based on the journey of a little boy and the writing case. at first I was stumped on how to include the writing case as the main object of the story but then I decided to write something like a time travelling story the main character touches the object in the current time and travels back to when I was first made if this brief explanation interests you you can read the entire story here Since the end of may I have been working on a project about New France artifacts and life in New France. I had to research New France and learn everything possible about the colonization and how it became to what it is today. Then I had to go on a virtual museum of New France to pick an artifact that I would write a fictional story about it and life in New France. Since school is online I had no class time to work on it I had to schedule everything on my own time.

the things I learned

Milestone 1

Milestone 2

Milestone 3

Milestone 4

Milestone 5

My object

My story
The story I wrote was based on the journey of a little boy and the writing case. at first I was stumped on how to include the writing case as the main object of the story but then I decided to write something like a time travelling story the main character touches the object in the current time and travels back to when I was first made if this brief explanation interests you you can read the entire story here

One thought on “New France