Music To My Ears!

Hello!

It’s Ryder and this weeks challenge was all about music. Personally I have always loved to make music wether it be banging pots and pans or sitting down at a drum set. I first started to take drum lessons a very long time ago  but never thought I was really any good. I used to sway between liking and not liking drumming.  It went like this till I finally quit taking lessons in grade 5. Although I still have a drum kit in my room, I some times questioned my choice to quit. Even though I stopped drumming a few years back, I currently and will always have a love for music. For this week the challenges were split into eight possible different tasks. We were were told to choose three of the prompts that most interests us and construct a well made post.

The tree prompts I chose were: Create a quiz about music (facts), Research a famous artist or group, and the that I am most exited about; Make some music.

I decided to start off with some history and some interesting facts about one of my favourite singer and song writer. Jack Johnson is the epitome of soft rock and chill music. I personally like him because of his smooth rhythm and is calming melody. Jack Johnson was born on the North Shore, Oahu and spent his childhood surfing competitively until he suffered a face injury shortly before a competition. He graduated from Kahuku High Schoolin Oahu. He would later attend the University of California, Santa Barbara (UCSB), and graduated in 1997 with a B.A. in Film Studies. While Jack learned the guitar at the age of 8 and started songwriting at the age of 12, his passion for music grew when he played rhythm guitar for the band Soil. His big break writing and contributing singing for the song “Rodeo Clowns” in 1999. Audition to his later success he became a well known surf photographer and filmmaker.

FirmBee

Next, I chose construct a quiz about music. I mainly focus on modern day music and music influencers. Below I have added a short quiz. Make sure to comment your answers below and I will respond with your score!

who is said to be the “king of rock”?

what singer sung the famous son lyric: “hello from the other side!”?

where would you most commonly find the “sitar”?

when was the song “hey Jude” released?

why is Michel Jackson such an Iconic singer?

for the final task I was required to construct a completely original song. For this prompt I chose  garadge band. I thought that the song I made has a very smooth and steady rhythm. Listen to it here.