Introduction

Hello, this post is going to talk about the process in writting and making my User-manual and Memoji.  This project is my first ever project in PLP and I’m very excited to write a blog post on the subject. One of the main goals of this project is how can I use technology to create and communicate and I believe I have somewhat learned through milestones to achieve this in project. I have been working on this project for around five weeks and I’m deeply content with my work.

Milestone 1: A List of Need to Knows

The first milestone was the most simplest step in the whole project. Our jobs for the first step is making a list with sticky notes of what “you need to know” in five to ten minutes in our individual desk groups. Then, one person in your group goes in the hallways to the lockers and will find a locker section called labeled “Knows” After, the next task that was acquired for milestone one is, doing the same task however, now you have to write question of what you should ask yourself during a project and you have ten to twenty minutes to complete this task. After you will sent one person in the group to the hallways to find a part of the lockers called “Need To Know”

What I needed to improve on:

This step of the project I had trouble understanding what was meant to be done in the project and communicating my ideas to other. At the start I wasn’t sure what to do and contributed very little to the group discussion. Additionally, I was new to the school and was really anxious to meet new people. Next time, I can politely ask someone what we are meant to do and talk to the people in the group I’m comfortable with and share my ideas with them.

What I did well:

For this milestone the only aspect I did right is contributing a few questions for the questions you need to ask yourself for the project. Unfortunately, I don’t remember what question I stated as a idea for the milestone.

Milestone 2: A Memoji Customization Plan

The Memoji design came very easy to me however, the plan for that design I found extremely difficult. For this project we had to make a Memoji which is basically a emoji except, it had a laptop with stickers placed on the laptop. We had to design this using the sticker feature in keynote and then download the Memoji as a image to Showbie. For the outline we had to write the plan for what each sticker was meant to look like and what each sticker symbolized.

What I needed to improve on:

At the start I genuinely needed to improve my customization plan. I used Procreate for constructing my template which was my first mistake since Procreate is a drawing app. I mainly focused on design and showcased how the sticker would look somewhat like on the laptop. I world very hard on  colouring and even the shading for the laptop itself. However, the one part I failed, explaining the symbolism, was the most important part of the milestone. Since, it was around 10:40 when I finish the ascetic part of the plan I decided to write only one bland sentence for each sticker and hope that I get a good mark. Fortunately, I got a second chance.

The teachers seeing that we didn’t have enough time showed us examples of what they expected from us and gave us an extra day to work on this project. I decided to work in pages and write all about what each sticker symbolized and meant to me. Then after I was done writting I pasted the text in Procreate and drew sort of backgrounds to the text. The text’s background had the shape of  whichever shape the text was referring to.

Overall, after I made the revision I believe I did very well on the project and I learned to focus on the important part of the project first.

What I did well:

I believe I did exceedingly wonderful on the design of the project at the start. I loved playing around with the stickers in Keynote and experiencing what I can adjust and all the different options for all the individual stickers on my laptop. I made bold white borders, different types of shadows for each sticker and a fantastic background. One of my favourite tools I learned that I wished I used at the start is the Instant Alpha where you can get edit the image to erase a certain aspect of a image extremely easily. The Memoji helped me learn more about both Procreate and Keynote.

Milestone 3: A User-Manual Outline

In this milestone we were meant to make a manual on ourselves. The outline was meant to be created in Pages and meant to have seven different parts, Tips to maintain optimal performance, troubleshooting, warnings, setting, accessibility, getting started and project guide. The teachers additionally encouraged us to make our own headings to show aspects of yourself that doesn’t fit under the regular headings. Moreover, they gave us their user-guide to show us what the user-guide is meant to look like.

What I needed to improve on:

For this Milestone I focused on art for the user manual more than the manual itself. I greatly wanted to draw a picture of myself using procreate. I undoubtedly spent more time drawing for the picture of myself than working on the draft for my user-manual. I spent most of my time redrawing my artwork since I was unhappy with my line work for my artwork. After around seven to eight hours, I finally drew clean line work on my portrait. It took numerous hours to draw however, when I was done I wasn’t honestly that proud. However, I think I taught me that I shouldn’t keep restarting and that I should just try to fix the part I’m not pleased with on my original draft

Another detail I got wrong in the outline is the trouble shooting. For the trouble shootingI thought that we were suppose to put problem and how are the person can fix those issues. However, the teacher actually wanted me to put issues that people might have with myself and how they can resolve the issue. Fortunately I was able to fix this mistake before handing in the final draft.

What I did well:

I believe I did remarkably on the warnings and the settings. For both part of the outline add a abundance of information. Additionally had a great deal of fun being creative on which settings and warnings I should write down. I loved being able to talk in detail about my hobbies and interests. For the warnings I loved writing the things that stressed me out a great deal. Hopefully we do similar ideas in projects in the future.

Milestone 4: Custom Memoji Peer Critique

For this milestone we had to critique our classmates Memoji. We each put our laptops on our desks and had our Memoji on the Home Screen for everyone to see. We were than handed three sticky notes and asked to write positive, negative critique and ask question about that students emoji. We did this process twice with two group. After each process we were to go to our group and examine our sticky notes. For homework our job was to improve our emoji with the critique.

What I needed to improve on:

I believe this project I need to improve on my feedback. One of the feedback I most struggled with is negative feedback. Felt bad giving someone bad critique on their work because of this I wasn’t as truthful as I could of been. Another part of critique I had trouble with is the question part of the assessment. I had issues with writing down questions I was genuine wanting to ask the student. Next time in critiquing I will try to be more honest with my fellow peers.

What I did well:

I believe I was able to take the advice from myself and from my fellow students to make a amazing Memoji. One of the critiques was to make all the borders white, this caused me to change a few of my stickers because some of the stickers didn’t look quite right with a border. For these stickers I decided to take some of the stickers I made in procreate, turn the stickers I need into images and put the stickers on my laptop in Keynote using Alpha Lock.

Milestone 5: User-Manual Peer Critique

For the fifth user-manual we had to partner up in groups of two and critique each other’s work. We each had ten minutes to present our own work and get feedback. The partnership was decided during a game where people had to find a group of people that all had a certain thing in common. We were first suppose to ask question about the other work and give feedback on what the other can improve. Additionally suppose to write down what the other person feedback and question were to you. This experience was very new to me due to how quick the evaluation of your work had to be.

What I needed to improve on:

In this milestone I needed to be quicker with my work. Before we were meant to present we were suppose to write a script of the user manual for the critique. Unfortunately, I couldn’t get my ideas on paper and decided to simply read the user manual. I was fortunately ended up partnering up with a friend that I knew since Pre-School. The friend, Ariane went first in presenting their user-manual. I’m a extremely slow typer which slowed down her presentation since she had wait for me to type out notes of her presentation. Unfortunately, we only made it through half of her presentation before the bell rung and we had to switch turns. In order for this situation to never happen again I wish to try typing practice programs thus I can type without pausing.

What I did well:

For this part of the project I think I did well on critique and using my partner’s critique to better my project. The questions I gave my partner from what she presented and what I skimmed from her worksheet was what puns did she say to her friend and what was the inspiration for her setting names. For the critique I said that she may need to add more detail to her troubleshooting. Moreover I told her that I loved her warnings, getting started and tips to keep optimal performance. Additionally I stated to her that she should add another setting that told a reader about a hobby or interest. Feedback Ariane gave to me is that I should make my warnings more positive. For this criticism I add new warnings that were more of little habits I have that doesn’t affect my emotional state. I hope we get to do this activity again however, next time I hope the activity is slower.

Milestone 6: A User-Manual to Me

For the last part of this project the only tasks we had to do is to give one final look to our project and submit your final essay to Showbie. After, you will need to recite your user manual in order for you to be ready to present. Then you will be required to present your user manual in a group of three random people. Once you have presented, you will need to write a reflection on what you have learned from the presenting.

What I needed to improve:

I believe I need to improve my presentation and grammar. I am terrible with grammar I feel that there are a great deal of grammar mistakes I haven’t caught in my manual. Moreover during the presentation I stuttered a great deal which caused me to repeat a abundance of my sentences and phrases. Additionally I should of explain the symbolism for my stickers on my emoji, the process of my drawings and showed the students in my group all of my drafts. Overall I think that next time I should make my own script for the next presentation

What I did well:

I believe I did really did a good job on the trouble shooting and introduction. For the troubleshooting I restart the whole section and added a great deal of information on what you can do if your having trouble with Sabrina. Additionally even if my intro is simple I think I did good on telling people at the start all of my basic interest and the nicknames my friend and family call me. This milestone made me go way out of my comfort zone.

Conclusion: Did I creativley communte? Did I commucate who I am?:

I believe that I didn’t fully creatively communicate  however, I believe I communicated who I am. Their are definitely parts of my user-manual and Memoji laptop that I could of expressed myself more. For the user-manual I could of created new interesting ways to describe myself by using pictures, numbers or even a video. For my Memoji I believe I could of added sticker that are more specific to my interest, for example I could of added a sticker of a character in a musical since I adore musicals. Although I feel I didn’t have the right direction with creatively communicating, I think I did great at showing who I am. I feel I certainly wrote details about myself that I wouldn’t of wrote about myself a year ago. In my user manual I talked about my nerdy interests such as loving cartoon which I don’t usually mention about myself to others. Another detail about myself that I don’t communicate often is in warnings, most of the actions others do that makes me uncomfortable that I never express. In general, this project taught me that I should try to do more that what is required and to not be afraid of showing others who you are.