How do I make effective personal design choices?

Introduction:

This was centred around becoming more organized this, you’ll be able to make better design choices. The final result of this, being Tik-Tok videos of us doing something at Disneyworld. These videos were carefully planned before the project which made the filming process much easier than it could of been. Overall, this project was important in learning how to prepare and execute. 

Personal Productivity System:

Before creating the video, we first had to get organized. This part of the project was centred on setting up our to-dos and catorogsizing them in different sections. This was to prepare me for creating the video and making sure I knew all the steps. I believe that I did well on knowing what needed to get done. However, I had trouble creating a schedule on my calendar since I’ve never made a schedule for myself before. Overall, this part of the project helped me to better manage my time.

Design Challenge Research:

For this part of the project we had to do research on what types of TikTok videos we wanted to create. We had to create the design challenge sheets and figure out what trend we wanted each of our 5 videos to follow. Most of the trend videos I ended up following were videos that I was on YouTube that I throughly to enjoyed. I believe for this part of the project I could of put more detail in what I wanted to do. Additionally, I think I did well on showing examples of what I wanted my final tik-tok video to look like. Overall, this part of the project gave a good foundation for what the teachers wanted in the end. 

Personal Design Challenge Pathway

The assignment was all about refining and going into detail on what we wanted the video too look like. This was through creating storyboards and video drafts on how we wanted the final video to look like. The part of the process I failed at was for my rating food at Disney video, not making a draft that correctly followed the storyboard. However, I think I made amazing storyboards and the rest or the videos turned out quite well. Overall, this part of the project was all about have a concrete plan.

Filming of the Videos:

I found filming the videos to be for me personally, to be the hardest part of this project. This is due to me having some fun in the day however, I often found myself totally exhausted and trying to conserve my energy so I don’t have a little breakdown. However, I still got some footage and was able to get everything I needed for the editing part of the video. I feel though my footage wasn’t were well shot for some of my videos. This is due me being too exhausted to care when I was filming the video. Overall, I really believe that I should done better and I will strive to do better in the future. 

Final Edit:

Editing the final videos allowed me to finally see the final results of my tik-tok videos. For this part of the project I think with some of my footage such as the it’s corn video, I edited the footage in that I took very nicely and smoothly. However, I think I rushed the editing on some of the footage since I felt as though I couldn’t make the video good with the not great quality footage I had. I also felt that I could of edited the audios to be more in sync with the videos. Overall, the final step of the project showed me the final result of all the choices I made during this project.  

Core Competences:

Questioning: I can care ideas, ask questions, and research information from a variety of sources

I feel I have done an excellent job at showing this competence. This is through my storyboard and how much I planned beforehand. If you look through my storyboards and drafts they all show how much I planned and was aware of my constraints in this project. 

Processing: I can think critically, creatively and reflectively with a variety of strategies to process ideas and further my understanding

I feel as though I have fully met this competence. This is due me choosing tik-tok videos that I enjoyed and working with others to figure out too ideas to film on our tik-tok.

Analyzing: I can identify, analyze and represent supportable conclusion having evaluated relevance, authenticity and bias from a variety of sources

For this competence I believe that I did not fully meet this competence. This is due to not taking multiple takes of the same video when I know that the result was not very good. 

Decision-Making: I can evaluate ethical implications and make complex judgements while identifying and respecting diverse communities

I feel like for this competence I believe that I am able to correctly make decision and use complex judgement. This shown while choosing my tik-tok videos and choosing ones that are appropriate and are fun to watch. 

Communicating: I can express and reflect from communication by determine appropriate and effective forms of purpose, audience, and message

I believe I have fully met this competence. This is through my it’s corn video and realize it was going to be hard to find ducks, I explained to a teacher in a comment that I will do birds in general instead. This also shown in the can we skip to the good part video where I had to revise the storyboard footage since we did not have. This shows how I made revisions due to lacking material and making do with what I have. In general, this competence shows how I have become much better at reflection.

Video Link:

If you would like to access my videos and research, the links are all in the Craft Document here!

Conclusion:

This project showed how being organized and knowing what you want in the end can help create the best type of product. This project both helped me to become more organized and look ahead while creating a project and how to create the best type of end result. I learned so much from the project and I can’t wait to apply it to other projects in the future. This project has taught me how to be better prepared in the future.