How do Disney theme parks shape and influence the cultural, economic, psychological, and social experiences of visitors?

Introduction:

Learning about Disney has given an insight on American culture and how amusement parks work. This project I found one of the most difficult at times however, I think it has given me more perspective about how much Disney does effect America and in turn how the visitors plus the worlds sees America. This project made me think deeper about how big media companies effect culture.                                                                                                                                                                                                                          

4-2-1 Summarize Happiness Advantage:

This part of the project helped me be able to summarize information. This assignment had to do with the video ““The Happiness Advantage Linking Positive Brains to Performance” by Shawn Achor. I would recommend watching it since it highlighted ways you can become a more happy and successful person. However, I personally feel that we watched this video way too many times than we should have. I feel that I could improved in this assignment by talking more in group discussion since I feel a lot time I didn’t contribute much. However, I’m proud of how much my summarizing skills have grown from this assignment

Personal Knowledge Management Collection:

Doing the personal knowledge management collection was a extremely frustrating part of the project. For this part of the project we had to create an archive of knowledge about Disneyworld that we could use for our given documentary topic. My topic was how do Disney Imagineers woven together creativity and innovative technology to bring art and storytelling to life. I found this part of the project very time consuming because the only way I could information on the technology was from Disney-plus documentaries that would take an hour to watch. Moreover, we ended up not using any of my original documents and I had research about a totally new attraction last minute in order to get the information we needed. In general, even though understand the point of having background knowledge, I feel at though a lot I did in this part of the project was pointless. 

Pitch Board:

The pitch board was difficult due how many times we faced failure. I wished in this project that we did part of the project much earlier since I feel that we had to change a lot in a short amount of time. I do feel though, that I should contributed more to group discussion since I feel my brain was quite empty. I honestly don’t have many memories of this part of the project since it went by very fast. In general though I think I need to be more involved in group discussions. 

Storyboard & Scriptwriting:

Creating the script and storyboard felt like very “AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH” moment for me personally. The title is kind misleading since Ava did most of work on storyboard, thank goodness she is very good writer. I was in charge of storyboard, which if look at you can it decreasing in quality more frantic I get to reaching the deadline and get more tired. I feel very like we did not get much time to actual work on it and I wish that we get more Tim win the future. Even though the storyboard was extremely rushed, I think I overall did a very excellent job. 

Filming:

The filming was not always remembered on this trip. This trip did have fun moment however, I was often exhausted or tired so I found it really difficult to do any work. I believe that we got most of filming however, I would have that some of shots weren’t shot the best. However, there nothing I can do about since some these rides you would have to wait in the line for an hour. I feel as though I should of put in a document of the scenes that we needed to film thus I might of remembered to remind people of what needed to be filmed and tried to get extras. In general, I’m really glad this part of the project is over. 

Editing:

Editing the film came with a lot challenges. I was in-charge of the spaceship earth portion of the film which meant that I had to edit the interview portion. I was often frustrated since sometime the audio wouldn’t line up with the video. Moreover, I had borrow some film online because we did not film some of the parts that we were meant, which totally on me since I was in-charge of filming spaceship earth. I’m not totally happy which how the editing ended up but, it what it is. Overall, I think this part project help me to learn how to edit in a more professional way.

Core Competences

Processing: I can think critically, creatively, and reflectively with a variety of strategies to process ideas and further my understanding 

I feel I have extended on this competence. This is due me making in total 7 PKM’s and watching hour long documentaries in order to get knowledge that I might need for the future. Moreover, the storyboard is very detailed and is the perfect guideline for how we wanted each shot to sort of look like. Overall, I think I have most defiantly met this competence.

Decision-Making: I can evaluate ethical implications and make complex judgements while identifying and respecting diverse communities

I feel I have complete this competence but, this is only due to my group members. I feel as though even though I contributed in discussion on how we would answer our driving question, I think it’s ultimately due to having some very smart group members that we or I was able to create a documentary that would answer our driving question. 

Conclusion:

Disneyparks create nostalgia for a time that didn’t exist and make people feel hopeful for a future. Disneyparks also effect the culture of America, both how it is and what it is seen as. This project was extremely difficult and I am very glad that it is finally over. In general, this project taught me how much Disney effect the world we live in.