Well, hello. Welcome to my blog. How are you? Based on the title, this is another blog post about Destination Imagination. Except this time, it’s not regionals. It’s Provincials! Which also means it’s gonna be a longer blog post. If you don’t know what Destination Imagination is, you can go to my Regionals post, or you can go to the DI website. If you don’t want to do any of that, I’ll briefly explain it. DI is something’s that is made up of mostly creativity. On the day of the tournament, there are appraisers that watches your performance. They give you points for creativity, teamwork, and how your performance is. They are not to criticize you but to try to give you as much points as they can. Hopefully that makes sense. Let’s move on to why we want to do DI. DI is something that will make us more creative. If you want to know more about creativity, go to the DI Website. This link is different than the other. This link is also about the proven results that people that do DI is more creative than people that didn’t do it.

Now, let’s move on to my Challenge. My challenge is Drop Zone. We did have four members at the start but now it’s only Kiera and I. Drop Zone is the engineering challenge. The challenge is to make a freestanding structure that can withstand weight. The structure must be between 7.5 inches and 9 inches. The structure also has to be lighter than 175 grams. That’s only the first part of the challenge. The second part is to create a story that has a dramatic impact. The dramatic impact is basically when we start to drop weights on our structure. We have 8 minutes to present and that’s pretty much it. Here’s a video explaining more about Drop Zone.

So, now you’re probably wondering how our presentation went. Well, if you read my last blog post about DI, you’ll know that it went (blank) at the regionals. But this time however, it went ok. I was surprised that the structure I made in a week, *cough cough* one night, held all the weight. Honestly, since it was only Kiera and I doing the performance, it didn’t go that bad. We did decent, I think. Our story went better than I expected and the structure went a lot better than I expected. Here’s our raw scores. Oh, and also, here’s the video of my performance.

We had to face a lot of challenges during the process. The biggest challenge of all is probably missing half of our team. The other challenges such as remaking the event depicter and the script we fixed. We basically did everything in one week. The biggest things we changed is probably the script. Our first and second script were completely different. The structure is basically the same. I tried to build it like the one before because the last structure worked really well. By the way, if you want to see my structure, it’s right here. 

It was pretty boring other than the fact that we got to watch other performances and our own. The bad news is we weren’t allowed to leave. The good news is that they actually have food there. We do our main challenge and than our instant challenge. Oh, if you don’t know what an instant challenge is, read my first blog post. I’m not really allowed to talk about it. The day goes by really fast so yeah.

Honestly, DI is a pretty good experience. It wasn’t that bad. I don’t know if I really want to do it again…but wait, we have to! It’s part of the Performance Learning Program(also known as PLP). I just want to thanks everyone in my group even if you were there or not. Thanks for the support and thanks to all the teachers for cheering us on and watching our performances. Also thanks to Kiera, the only teammate that was there at the tournament. Thanks Everyone and that’ll wrap up my blog post!