The First Term is almost over. Hello, my name is Sam. Welcome to my blog! Winter break is almost here and this is probably one of the last posts before winter break! This post definitely won’t be an easy one since it’s about a reflection of the first term of school.

So basically in PLP 9 this term, we’ve been focusing a lot on video creating and storytelling. This post is going to be about the process of me creating videos and what makes videos awesome! Anyways, let’s get straight into it. 

Alberta

First things first. The first place we went to was Alberta. In Alberta, we were tasked to do four videos. 2 were individual and two were in groups. By the way, I have a blog post with the videos linked so make sure you check that out. Now, I will briefly explain the videos. The first video is the Ghost Town Video. It’s probably also my favourite video. That’s why it’s in this post!  Basically, we were put into groups and we had to create a silent. Film. No sound effects. No talking. Only music is allowed. The other videos weren’t as good as this one but they were fun to do anyways. If you want to see them, make sure you read my Alberta Post! One of the videos is about an artifact in a museum. We had to create a story and make it into a video. The other one is the enchanted forest video. It’s the other group video. Only this time, it can have sound effects and talking.

Identity

Now you’re probably thinking, where is the fourth video. Well now, I will be talking about it. The only reason that I’m not talking about it in my Alberta post section is because this video has its own post! Feel free to check out that post as well. At the beginning of Grade 9, we were learning about Identity. Well, if you want to know my process of learning about identity, you have to go to my identity post. In this post, it’s only about the video. For our identity video, we had a driving question. How does land impact our identity? Well, that’s what we explain in the video. In the video, it must include at least one interview. It also must include at least 3 places to talk about. The process of making this video was pretty fun. Here it is.

Take Your Kids to Work Day

Now moving onto some smaller projects we did, one of them is the Take Your Kids to Work Day Video. This video is supposed to be from 3-5 minutes long and it can have sound. We were tasked to do at least one interview with a professional and explain about our day. For me, I went to my dad’s office with my friend Jason. My dad’s office was about selling and installing solar panels. Anyways, here’s the video.

Live Event

Finally, one of the last ones. The live event video. This is in my opinion probably one of the hardest ones to film. It’s a live event so we only get one chance to film it. For me, I did my soccer game. It definitely wasn’t the greatest video but here it is anyways.

Things I Learned

There are many things I learned this year. It starts from using apps, to creating the final product. For basically all of our videos, we used iMovie. iMovie is a app that allows you to put clips together to create a video. I learned many different features such as how you can change the layout, add only audio, change the speed, and duplicate audio from clips your already using. That’s only the app side, now let’s go to the video side. To create a good video, there must be a beginning, middle, and end. Basically, it needs to make sense. If you haven’t notice, in my other blog posts, I’ve been talking about storytelling. That’s where storytelling comes into all of this. A good video should also include different angles. From close-ups, to long shots. It should also include music that goes well with the video.

Things I Liked

What I liked about making the whole video project is the process and creating the story. When you get a really good angle on a shot, you feel really good. Filming is a very cool and fun part of the buildup. Now the next is the planning. Let’s say that you have to come up with a story then film it. Coming up with the story and brainstorming new ideas is also really fun. Especially when you come up with a absolutely brilliant idea. Honestly, there aren’t many things I didn’t like other than the fact that editing on iMovie is really painful. Other than that, I think everything else is ok.

Now that we’re almost done, I have one more thing to tell you. In science, we’ve been creating animations. You can visit my blog post about that or stay tuned for my upcoming exhibition post. Other than that, that’s all for now. Peace.