Arghh matey

Launch

Captain Phillips

On the first day of this project we watched a movie called captain Phillips which taught us about modern day piracy and how one captain survived it. After watching the very long and intense movie we had to answer some interesting questions.

AR maker/milestone 1

As soon as we started this project we looked at AR maker. First we did some rediscovering whith keynote and then learned how to use this new tool called AR maker. Basically With AR maker you can draw or place images into an app which will place those images on to a flat surface. We were tasked to brainstorm a story using a story spine and then use AR maker to make it in real life.

Building knowledge

Research

First we researched about Christopher Columbus, prince Henry and Vasco da Gama. These people where some of the biggest innovators and explorers to help start the Columbus exchange and possibly the biggest discovery in history the Americas. We then moved on to learn about how innovations in boats that where made to help travel across sea to long far of places like India or the Americas. After that we looked at one of the most important parts of the age of exploration the columbian exchange. Basically the exchange between the americas and Europe. We also learned about pirates and all the mischief they got into.

Iron chef

Are teachers made us play this game called iron chef where we get judged for our research on a certain explorer. Luckily we also got to judge other people. We all got to choose one judge out of a choice of judges, all with different personalities. This was super fun and would love to do it again.

Web of cause and consequences 

Here we had to make a web of causes of consequences that showed how the age of exploration started and how it affects our lives all the way up to today. This was pretty interesting and i really like the way a web of cause and consequences works.

Develop and critique

Soon after the web of cause and consequences we had to make an AR video explaing the web of cause and consequences. I had to draw like 40 pictures but when I finally finished I think that my AR video was awesome.

I loved this project so much and really loved learning about pirates and the age of exploration. I hope that we get to lean about other historical events like the age of exploration or the Middle Ages again.

link to my video….