Comic cells

Introduction

Hello on todays blog post I’m going to share all about the new project we did comic cells. This project gave a us a better understanding on the way biology works. From plants to animals. This project also taught us a bit about comics and I cant wait to share that with you.

What is this project

Basically this project is all about teaching us how biology works. The way we showed our understanding was by first researching then making a comic. The comic had to be detailed and explain a lot about biology. 

Launch

Mind map 

As we normally would we made a mind map to start of this project. Basically we had to think of different questions that we had about this project and some things we already know. This really helped me wonder about how the project would unfold and what we would be learning about. 

Picture…

Building knowledge

Wanted poster

Here we took our first look into what a disease actually was. We had to choose a disease that we thought would be good with a wanted poster. We had to explain what the disease does to your body who found it where it was from and what time it was from.

Here’s mine…

Kan academy

On the Kan academy quiz’s we learned a lot about what cells are made and how different cells work. We also learned a bit about photosynthesis and other cool things cells do. This really helped me understand how a cell works and how I could use that in my upcoming comic strip.

Develop and critique

Milestone 4: Milestone 4 was basically a rough draft of our actual comic there wasn’t much except Ted just that you chose the settings characters and storyline. This really helped get me a firm idea and understanding for what my project would be about. 

Present and reflect

Milestone 5: Milestone 5 was the final and most important milestone here we had to make sure that we all the core competencies down packed. The art had to be good and there needed to be 18 panels in your comic. This was a big step up from milestone 4 but I still got it done and I am so proud of my work.

Core competencies 

Questioning and predicting: This is basically the competencies that says did I use all my time sufficiently and not get distracted I definitely improved on this form last time. I still had some off days where I wasn’t staying focused but i was mostly good. I got most of the work done in class.

Scientific communication: this is basically did i get all of the science vocabulary down pact. I think I did and milestone 3 really helped with that. I was also able to incorporate it into my comic through they many different diagrams.

Evaluating: basically did my comic show how cells interact. In my opinion I definitely showed that in my comic through a number of different things first being the fact I added how the immune system responds the second reason being the way I showed how the viruses got in the cell.

Conclusion: 

Overall this was a really fun project and I learned so much about how biology works. I would love to do this again  thank you so much for teaching me this year mr gross.