Destination Imagination

Hi!

Welcome to another blog post by me. So, in the beginning we were given a challenge. We needed to complete the challenge. We built props and costumes. Then we went to a tournament.

The tournament was on Saturday February 27th. Yeah, Saturday. So in the course of a month and a bit, we worked on our projects.

Building Our tree

Above is a picture of our tree, almost finished.

There was about five groups in our grade, I think. My group needed to demonstrate how a living organism camouflaged in the wild. We decided to make our project around how owls blend in with trees. We also needed to make a story with a big plot twist.

Our story went a little like this:
A young owl was very curious about what he could do, and he wanted to become greater. He heard about this Wise Old Chameleon who could teach him the art of camouflage, so he went to find him. But what the little owl didn’t know, was that he was moulting!!! Some of his feathers were now on the forest floor.
A dangerous hunter found those feathers, realized it was a western screech owl, and decided to capture it to sell on the black market. He was following the trail of feathers to the little owl. Meanwhile, the owl made it to the Wise old Chameleons tree. He knocked on the tree, and begged the Wise Old Chameleon to teach him the art of camouflage. He agreed, and the pay started right away. Since the owl was with the Chameleon, the hunter couldn’t find the owl.
Once the owl was done, he decided to head home to show his friends. The hunter caught up with the owl, and right before he was caught, the owl remembered his training, and dove into a tree to camouflage. The hunter couldn’t find him, so the hunter headed home, and so did the owl.

That was our presentation. I was the owl, Claire was the hunter/chameleon, and Ryan was the narrator. I think that our presentation went well, and we scored well. We are moving on to the next round: Provincials! We definitely needed to work hard on this, and we did lots of work after school on some days.
We also did an instant challenge which is a challenge we don’t know at all, and we receive a smaller challenge that we need to complete in a certain. time. We did well on that, but we didn’t place first.

For Provincials, I would say I’m one third excited, one third nervous, and one third of me doesn’t want to go. Overall, we did good, and had some fun. Below is a picture of the Seycove grade 8 and 10 teams with our ribbons, at the end of the day.

The End of a Great Day