Florida Films From February

Hello,

In this post I will be talking about a big project we have been working on. This assignment was given to us in February when our PLP 9 class went to Florida for 10 days. This is the Making Fantasy Real Video. How it all started was we first got to choose a ride in Disney world that we would research and in a 5 minute video explain how this ride draws us in to the the imaginary world of that ride. The ride that was chosen by each person, had to be ridden by that person because the class would be going to Disney world. My ride choice was the Indiana Jones Adventure ride in Disneyland California.

Me and four other students wouldn’t be making the trip to Florida because of various reasons, so we got to choose rides anywhere, since we didn’t have to ride them. So when the majority of the class went to Florida, we stayed at school and worked on this project and our Destination Imagination projects. Away they went, and here we stayed.

So, the only thing to do to start, I started researching my ride. Once I had a good amount of research I put together a storyboard for my video. Here it is below:
It wasn’t set in stone, we could change if we needed, and I did stick to most of that plan. The next thing I did was to start filming and putting my clips together. Since I couldn’t ride my ride I needed to borrow some clips, but I worked with what I had. Once I got it all together I had my first draft, which is below:

In this video I had a lot of long clips where it was just me talking, so I saw how it got boring fast. I needed to change that, and make it more exciting. At this stage we did some peer critique, which is where another classmate gives feedback on our work. Here is what Claire said about my video in a critique sheet:

So after this feedback, I realized I needed to talk about the history of my ride, and why it was so popular. I got to work shortening the boring clips and filming about the history. After that it produced a second draft:

In this video I still needed to shorten the shots of me, and the shots of the ride because I needed to keep it tight to the points in order to keep the viewers interest. So after all of this it was time to do my third draft which looks like this:

This video has all the edits I’ve been asked to change, and so I was happy with this one, but of course we needed to do one last one for it to be ready to show the world, as our teacher says. The one last thing I was asked to do is to balance the audio, because at some points it’s quiet and at some points it’s louder. So I did that and here is my last draft (it’s the exact same video as the last one but with balanced audio):

And after all that I was finally approved to be ready. And here I am now, showing it to the world. This project was very fun to do, since we get to make a video, but I do wish I was able to go to Florida and film for my video myself.