The Items I Bring

In this post I’m going to talk about another project in PLP we did this past month. I really enjoyed this project overall. Anyways, the class this project is from is HCE, and the assignment was to create a keynote explaining the things we take with us in our daily life, whether it’s mentally or physically. So I started the project by thinking of the ten things I carry with me mentally and physically, and I came up with this list:

I was happy with this so I went to work putting my slides together. I first started by finding images for each slide, and thinking how to piece the whole thing together so it flows smoothly. I found all the images I needed, but some weren’t the way I wanted, so I took them to Photoshop Mix, a great photoshop app. For example, here is what I did with my bike to get rid of the background:

The next step was to add all the text and presenter notes into my keynote presentation. After I watched a few of my classmates presentations, I knew what I wanted to do. My general plan was to have one item per slide, and give a brief explanation of why I carry it with me. I also wanted to make my presentation more interesting than the ones I saw already, not that they’re bad or anything, I just wanted to go above expectations. There were some criteria we needed to follow. We needed to demonstrate our understanding of Keynote through using a variety of special features keynote has to offer. Anyways, I wanted my presentation to stand out to my classmates, and I wanted to make mine sort of funny. I used some old photos I found of me and my friends to do that, and also using two of my friend Robbie, to embarrass him a little, in a fun way. I also think I went above expectations by putting in two videos that I took in my presentation, while no one else in the class did.

Back on track. To finish my project, I rehearsed on my own, and then the next day presented my project, and it went well, thankfully. Here is my final keynote presentation (although the special transitions or videos won’t work):

So, I really, really enjoyed this project. I found it very interesting to see what other people “carried” with them, and I enjoyed presenting in front of a class I’m comfortable with. I’m also very proud of this project and the way it turned out because it’s just the way I wanted it to be. If I had to do it again, I wouldn’t change anything, except put a few more jokes in there.

Alright then,

See you