Without An H

“I would rather die of passion than of boredom”

Comic Cells

Greetings and welcome to the final blog post of the year! As you may know, we’re currently in scimatics, working on our science portion, cells. This assignment was interesting, as we had to create a comic book based on cells and diseases and photosynthesis and such. I chose to make a comic on how diseases…

Continue Reading

Ultimate Design Challenge!

Hello there, I’m back on my nonsense, buckle up because have I got a post for you. Currently, we’re still in scimatics, a mix of science and math. Our latest project, the Ultimate Design Challenge, was more math-based. The goal of this project was to use the software, Tinkercad to make a 3D model of an object,…

Continue Reading

Matter… matters?

Hey, welcome back to the blog! Today we’ve got a bit of a different style project as we’ve moved to our fourth quarter subject, scimatics (science and math). This project, Chemistry Coding, was all about molecules, states of matter and coding. The end goal was to make a game or matter simulator that represents the…

Continue Reading

Mmmm Yes Colonization

Aaand we’re back at the blog. With the end of this school quarter, comes the end of our latest project, which always leads to a blog post. So here goes! What Did European Settlement Mean For All People Involved? That was the Driving Question for our latest project, The More Things Change. This project, as…

Continue Reading

Blogging Challenge: Last Day!!

Hey! Welcome back to the blogging challenge. Today is the final day, and what I’m doing is an audit of my previous posts and a plan for my future blogging, how I will keep my blog active. Hope you enjoy my final SBC post! Risk: I think a risk I took while creating this post, the…

Continue Reading

Destination Imagination

Hi and welcome back to my blog, today I’m going to talk about something that consumed about 70% of my time, thoughts and worries before spring, Destination Imagination, or DI for short. What is DI? DI is a global tournament where teams of kids and teenagers compete in different categories, including fine arts, engineering, scientific…

Continue Reading

Argh Matey, fly the Jolly Roger, etc. 🏴‍☠️

Back at it again with, another blog post! surprise surprise! (Crazy am I right?). Today I’m talking about our last project, Argh Matey. Though, the title is very pirate-ey, the actual project was more focused on the age of exploration.  Evidence of my learning To kick off this project, we watched the movie ‘Captain Phillips’,…

Continue Reading

Growth Mindset

Welcome back to my blog, today I’ve got a post all about something we’ve been learning a LOT about, growth mindset. Though this has become something of a joke in our classroom, the idea is definitely not a joke and it’s a legitimate way to ensure you’ll be more successful in your life. What is…

Continue Reading

Blogging Challenge: day 10

Hi! Welcome back to the student blogging challenge, today was a fun, free choice blog post. I decided to write about something I enjoy, memes. Memes are just good for a laugh every once in a while and I think many people like them. I decided to make memes based on the school program I’m…

Continue Reading

Blogging Challenge-Day 9

I’ll bet you thought you’d seen the last of the blogging challenge (so did I, to be honest). But today we have another challenge, all about our favourite holidays. So welcome to day 9. Today we had to choose 2 of 4 prompts to write a post about.  Prompt 1: Holiday poems For this prompt,…

Continue Reading

1 2 3