A provincial general election is scheduled for May 9, 2017.
Youth at the Booth secondary school student employment program.
This program aims to hire skilled election officials to administer voting and to engage young people in the electoral process. Participants in this program will earn at least $250 for working a full day as an election official, obtain work experience/community service hours towards their Graduation Transitions requirement and learn about elections and voting.
Applicants for Youth at the Booth must be:
• Enrolled in secondary school classes and in good standing with their school
• Between 15 and 19 years of age
• Legally entitled to work in Canada and have a valid Social Insurance Number
• Interested in community service
• Available all day on General Voting Day, May 9, 2017
• Available to attend a three hour training session prior to General Voting Day
• Approved to miss school to work as an election official (training may take place outside school hours
• Able to perform their duties in a neutral and impartial manner
If interested, please see Ms. Parmar !!