Tasks and Responsibilities
- Support project manager with the under-represented community of Latin Americas by developing the largest Latin American Festival in the pacific north west.
- Liaising with festival service providers and partners. provide any needed support for team leads. produce detailed proposals document events; timelines, venues, suppliers, legal obligations, staffing, budgets etc. Develop festival site design in consultation with project & production manager.
- Securing and booking possible venues or locations; organizing the facilities for all activities and participating plazas; coordinating staffing requirement and staff briefing; conduct call callings when needed to arrange meetings with potential customers
- Ability to manage both, internal and external clients, display and image of professionalism, discretion, integrity and tact; problem solving; proactive approach to work with staff and clients in all levels, ability to work with flexibility, energy and commitment
- Exceptional organization skills- technical skills in MS office (word, excel, power point) ; excellent verbal and written communication skills in English – effective listening skills- is a plus knowledge of Spanish or Portuguese.
- Between 15 to 30 years old
- Was registered as a full time student during the present year
- Intents to return to school on a full time basis during the next academic year
- Is a student of a secondary, post secondary, vocational or technical programs
- Is a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or person to whom the title refugee has been conferred under the immigration and refugee protection.
- Is legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial/ territorials legislation
If Interested please contact:
Masoom Tiwari | HR Assistant |
If you are interested in volunteering this summer, see Ms. Parmar and find out how you can get Work Experience credit (4credits)