Sports Leadership, Education & Development Program

SLED Program Details

The SLED Program is a minimum 35 hour volunteer program and broken down into a number of different workshops:

• Two 6 hour workshops (hosted on Saturdays)
  • One 5 hour online learning module to be done at your own pace
  • 20 hours of practical “on-the-floor” work experience

The curriculum supports youth in their understanding of how they can influence others and how to support others in their learning. SLED Program Testimonials Our most recent SLED Program graduates, reflected on the program and said the following:

“What I found interesting after learning and watching these modules/helpful in the gym is that the way [you] talk to kiddos: say their name, make eye contact, and connect with them. I think doing that makes a really big difference. [From my] past experiences when I was doing sports, they didn’t say my name or [keep my attention]. It was harder to focus. Learning milestones for each age is also important.” – Nadia

“[I learned] how to handle and stay calm in stressful situations, social emotional skills to teach kids, and how to interact with adults professionally. I would have liked it if we had a bit of a run down on skills. I would make it a longer program.” – Grace SLED

Program Application Applicants should make sure they are able to attend both Saturday in-person training sessions that are listed online.To apply, fill out our online SLED Application Form before September 24th, 2022 . Successful applicants will be contacted.