hello welcome back.

For the past little bit are class has been working on a debate, we got split into three groups my group was the smallest group we had Alex, Isobel, Kate and me but unfortunately Kate had to go somewhere so she couldn’t make it, so really It was just three of us. Each of the groups had different topics from Lord Of The Flies.

My topic was Civilization and Savagery, Be it resolved that in order to survive you must be savage, an example of another groups topic is human nature, be it resolved that it is human nature is to put yourself above others. Me and my group had about a week and a half to get ready for this debate, we did a lot of good research, we could take so much from LOTF which was great, since we were only allowed to use stuff about this year it wasn’t that hard to get info on why in order to survive you must be savage. this was probably the most nervous I have been in a long time. getting ready for this debate was pretty hard because we were always busy after school because of the other schoolwork such as bluesky and other projects. The day of, I have never been so nervous In my life until I got up there an realized it wasn’t that bad because I was in front of my whole class, I knew everyone around me.

The debate went really good with the other team we were so close to actually winning until the audience mostly chose the opposite team, they won by one point. the best part of all of this was I personally got to be the host for the human nature debate which was also really nerve wracking even though I knew what I was going to say.

I would say if I had to be the host of a talk show it would be really funny and probably and dumb show like Deal or No Deal. the best part about it all is it is all going on a podcast.

This year we also did a lot of practice doing speeches for example pass the buck, which is a game where the tee her give you a word such as “gum” and you have to ramble on about it.

we also had to read lord of the flies if you didn’t already know from the start of the blog post, this book was a very hard read for me I could quite follow it but at the sam estime I thought it was very interesting and dramatic.

Thanks for reading the blog Simon over and out.