Hey guys!

This is gonna be an ARTSY blogpost. For the last month, we’ve been working on a project called the power of the pencil. It’s about learning how to use Sketches Pro, and our Apple Pencil. We also talked about how everyone can draw. Let’s talk about my work in this chapter of school work.

WordArt

A great example of WordArt is graffiti. WordArt is drawing letters in an artistic way. Often the style of art has to do with the message and meaning of the word. I drew my name. I live near the ocean, so I made it a notical theme. The S was a strand of kelp in a revised version, the I a sinking ship, the M an octopus, the O was the planet, and the N was a hunched Moby Dick.

sketch notes

Sketchnoting is a rather tricky thing, it involves taking notes through the from of drawings. I struggled with this because I prefer to write things down, but I can understand why some people find this easier. The thing is, sketchnoting is more practical because you don’t have to write as much down. You can interpret the words in your own way.

Self portrait

This was my favourite activity. I took a picture of myself, imported it to sketches pro, turned down the opacity and traced. Here’s the evolution.

I much prefer the non coloured version, but I’m proud of my work. I think that it turned out super well, and that I should be happy with how it is. I find it rather soothing to be able to be good at something I nice and pretty.

3D

Our next work was turning things 3D with colours and shading. I struggled with this, probably because I lost my Apple Pencil when this happened (😂). I still managed to do it, but I wish I had gone darker colours and shades instead of the bright colours I went with.

Logo

Next il is the logo. We had to design our own company or store. Mine was called Simone’s and it was a knockoff of Gucci. I designed a swirly logo with full colours and a lot of symmetry to it. Honestly, when I got a look at some of the other logos, I wish I had been simpler when it came to our designs. One notable logo came from my classmate Indy, who had used a circled of leaves and the name of her company in the middle. I was a big fan of that.

A blog post and our choice

You guessed it! This is the last activity. We had to write a blog post. But it was more then that. We also had to draw another thing in the style we want. I LOVED doing the portraits. It was awesome. I loved the how the hairstyle I use works with the art. It is always awesome to be able to do something well. Here’s my starting image, and here’s my end sketch.

Note how there is a copyright symbol on my face. I do not wish for this picture to be shown. Please understand why I take these precautions.

What do you guys think? Leave your comments down below.