Connecting through commenting

YouTube: Simon On The Internet

Hello and welcome to my second week on here student blogging challenge. As the website can tell you, this week is all about comments. Commenting is a very useful tool and it’s great that we have the ability to comment. It allows us to leave good feedback, encourage, point out what you like even meet new people. I have done so on YouTube and actually had conversation with people through this method (Note: these are not very fast conversations.) Now I will give you some tips for commenting.

Tips for commenting

1. Follow the rules of being K.H.S*.
  2. Put yourself in somebody else shoes. Every time you receive a comment it makes you feel great. Now imagine this is a comment that doesn’t even pertain to the blog post or if it’s just downright negative, you won’t feel great. My point is, make sure your comments are always positive and on topic.
  3. Watch your feedback. A lot of people struggle to take feedback. That’s why is important to be as sensitive and careful as possible when it comes to giving feedback. You might want to start off with a ”Hey! Good job. I really enjoyed the blog post. I really like this part, but if I could give you 1 piece of feedback it would be BLA BLA BLA.” type of thing.
  4. Write the right amount 😜. If you write a comment saying ”Good job, that was great keep up the good work!” Well then you’ve got the hang of it. But make sure not to write five paragraphs. Keep in mind that someone else has to read this.
  5. Try to connect with other people through your comments. That’s the entire point of the challenge! To connect with other people around the world. If you see a comment that’s really interesting or funny, feel free to check out that persons blog. What I’m trying to say is make your comments as open and appealing as possible.

K.H.S stand for Kind Helpful ans Specific. If your comments aren’t any of those things, are they really that useful?

how to comment

On any device but a computer, all you have to do is scroll down to the bottom of the post and click on the button that sais Add Comment. Then you write what you have to say and hit Post Comment.

In conclusion

Always remember that other people can see these comments and that these are the image your presenting of yourself.