What I Carry

At the beginning of our health and career unit, we were introduced to a project called “What Do I Carry?” This was kind of an introduction paragraph to explain to the class who we are. We first started off the assignment by reading the requirements of the project and then learned that we would be using Keynote , an app we hadn’t yet used for projects over these past 2 years in PLP.

In the assignment we would be showing the class 10 things that we carry with us both mentally and physically in our daily lives. Pretty quickly I came up with a couple of physical objects that I carry including my phone and my bag. However, I found it quite difficult to think of different things I carry mentally but after coming up with a few including focus and respect for others I was able to come up with 6 more things that I carry pretty easily.

These are the 10 things I carry:

Phone

Bag

Focus – Sports and school

Motivation

Passion for the sports I do

Respect for others

Responsibility

Organization

Global citizenship

The reason I picked each of these is because of the following:

My phone because it helps keep me stay organized throughout the day, contact my friends and family, as well as for social media.

My bag because it helps me keep my necessary things in it for the day ahead and helps keep my athletic things organized for my different sports.

My Focus helps me concentrate in both sports and school. For sports, it helps when I make a mistake and need to just shake it off. This helps me improve and become a better player in both basketball and volleyball.

My motivation pushes me to get better and try harder with challenges I’m faced with. Also, if I’m having a bad day my motivation helps me get through that day.

My passion for my sports shapes the person who I am today. When playing basketball and volleyball I have such great teams that push me to get better and are there for me when I need them.
My respect for others is something I carry because I always treat others how I would like to be treated.

My responsibility both at home and school because it helps me being in charge of what I need to do whether that means cleaning up after myself at home and responsibilities for myself.

My organization helps me stay on track for what I need to get done as well as helps me organize what I have to do throughout the day or week.

My last thing is global citizenship meaning I want to help to build the community and contribute to what I believe in. I carry this because I’m involved in an organization called CISV where we discuss how to make changes to global problems. I carry this because it’s really important to me that we act in a way that’s right in our community and world.

When creating the Keynote project, we had to use different transitions and moves to show our understanding of how to use Keynote. As I didn’t know how to use Keynote (as I have never actually had to use it for a presentation) I needed to experiment with it for some time before creating the Keynote I would be presenting to the class. The requirements for the Keynote included at least one image where you adjusted the mask, at least one image that you adjusted its size, at least one image that you used insta alpha on, at least one magic move, at least one object grouping, at least one added animation, at least one added transition, at least one object build and presenter notes.

Here is my Keynote that I created:

After doing this project, I learned many skills that I can use in future projects either using Keynote or recognizing skills I use in my daily life. This project gave us a chance to show our peers different views on who we are as a person and I think this was a very important part of the year.